JVC HD-52Z575 52" TV to Projector mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently acquired a JVC HD-52Z575 52" rear projection TV i'm planning on re-purposing as a projector. (The thing pretty much already is a projector with a mirror and fresnel slapped onto it.) The original remote is gone and I'm trying to get any input I can to display on the thing with no success.

Tried plugging an RF modulator into the coax and setting it on ch.3 and 4 with a universal remote, no signal

the HDMI in says its not compatible with computer signals so thats a no go.

none of the composite in's or the s-video produce any signal with multiple sources and cables tried.

can anyone think of any reason i can't get any input into this thing? tried securing all the connectors maybe it's just a faulty board somewhere?

everything else works i can navigate the menus/etc. viewing it on the ceiling at the moment. it's bright and crisp and the bulbs are relatively inexpensive compared to projector bulbs; would make a kickass projector.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.