JUST 142Vpp for +/-20mm excursion !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I took a similar approach- active opamp eq to boost sealed box response. I did it sealed with 8"s, one per channel.... Not a pure subwoofer in the excessive sense, but it woofs down to 30 pretty nice, being a pretty capable driver (customized peerless HDS with paper cone). Moving mass of about 30 grams means it's pretty nimble, it's got like 8mm linear excursion, and rated for 200WRMS. Sufficient for reasonable woofing, but not SPL contest type bass, or infrabass. I'm pretty happy with the results, happy enough, anyway, to try a slightly larger box size (right now, it's about 19L, gonna try about 26).

Nice to get deep sealed box bass with reasonable sensitivity in the upper registers. That of course drops due to the sealed box, but hey, can't have everything, eh? As long as you have sufficient power (I'm stuck with a Phase Linear atm, but will be doing ICEpower monos in the near future)

Anyway, electronic crossovers and compensation at line level are full of advantages, so I've been playing with doing things line-level.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.