• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Jundac Five, NOS DAC Kit with TDA1545A up to 192KHz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Demian Martin
"Some of us believe the DAC chip isn't really the choke point in good digital reproduction today. Execution of the stuff around it has more influence on the sound than the particular converter or its topology."

The Jundac Five is a 16bit NOS DAC able to operate from 32KHz to 192KHz. It uses Philips TDA1545A chip. An optional external clock allows working with very low jitter operation.

For this realization, I focus design on two particular points:
- The first one is the opulent power supply using large polypropylene capacitors. This comfortable don't limit TDA1545A's audio potential.
- The second point is a particular way to manage IREF pin. The audio quality of the TDA1545A depends on how you drive this crucial pin. A special low noise reference tension using high quality capacitor was designed to drives this pin. Forget the classical well known 'bathroom's sound' associated with this DAC. Sound is full of detail, with strong and depth bass.

The I/V stage uses an open loop (feedback free) configuration using very sweet first low pass filter and polypropylene film and foil capacitors.

You can find more details and specifications on my web site : Jundac Five

jundac5-pcb.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.