JP2.0 Project Part IV : How to blow up a ribbon and scare the life out of your cat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AJ, where in Oregon are you? Sorry for the OT post, but I can't email you through the board. I'd appreciate it if you sent me an email so we could discuss this offline. I'm using PR170M0s with JP-3.0s, and will be moving to OR soon. I'd love to hear your speakers and compare notes.

thump not

Chris,

Quote: What amplifiers are you using? Are they balance/unbalanced inputs? The reason I ask is that the DCX was the first thing I turned off for the same reason you mentioned. It was closest to my hand Amps, sources, where stopped but fully powered with this happened. Unquote.

I've tried a variety of amps, tubed and SS, all unbalanced and all integrateds. Maybe I don't have a problem because I am attenuating the output of the DCX alot with the volume controls of the integrated amps. I feed a hot signal (7.75 Vrms) to the input of the DCX and set the volume pots on the power amps to match my loudest ordinary listening level. Then I attenuate the output of the preamp for volume control.

Michael

Hi Saurav

I sent you an email I think...this board always treats me strangely and never wants to keep me logged in for more than a few minutes at a time, so I never know whether things are working or not. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll try again.

Allan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.