'Jota' 3-way build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You have 3 woofers, and can "0.5" cascade twice.

Later,
Wolf

Attachments

• woof.jpg
    woof.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 95
It's a matter of how much gain you want as you decrease frequency. IMO/IME, it's better to operate with woofers all in together, or all separate, unless you can use all of the woofers in a 'paired' arrangement. Being that you're running an odd number, all in parallel or all in series is your best bet. Due to you also fighting impedance minima using 3 woofers, I think the 3.5.25 way will benefit you. The further you get from the Accuton, the lower the woofer transitions in, and this is good for both lobing and CTC purposes. You'll have +9dB at the bottom end, and +6dB below the first 0.5 transition.

What is the cell's sensitivity? 90dB.

When you factor in the BS, and the net sensitivity of the woofers, they still won't be sensitive enough in a parallel pair to reach the Accuton. You'll likely have to pad the mid. 85+6 for the pair - 6 for the BSC, and you're back to 85dB. Running all 3 woofers in parallel without insertion losses from coils will still only give you 88dB after BSC is handled.

Now- the near floor woofer might get a bit of a goose in gain, but it'll be close to meet that 90dB spec.

Wolf

EDIT: Zvu- yes, the 3.5.25 is more appropriate as you only get +3dB from the 3rd woofer. I've edited my message....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.