John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
syn08 said:

Specific and or lowest levels of ripple or regulation can be almost irrelevant and many times, if taken to an extreme, without this coming particular point as the first, on order of importance....can make a real mess out of the sonics of a given piece of audio gear.

That's all I was saying. :)

I mean, the last thing you want is secondary modulation of your transient signal components (where the ear wants to be-and hears by) by any regulation devices.

One reason that large devices (T-03) as regulation might work better, soncially speaking. This is partially due to low levels of temp-co shift under transient draw due to the greater mass...the downside is a noise that tracks along with the signal which might be more sonically annoying to some....

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
stinius said:
[snip]Second:
I’m concerned about the reputation of JC, and that you are taking him with you in to the mud.
Like this thread has become he must answer for himself and also try to support you.

If you had any respect to JC you wouldn’t post whatever you came up with and expect John to support you.

It seems like you don’t have any respect at all to the people you are posting with, I don’t like that kind of behaviour. I respect JC, and if I didn’t respect him and his work I wouldn’t argue with him and I think that is the same with everybody else in this thread.

Stinius

Stinius,

Thank you (and Syn08 and SY) for clearly stating what many of us must think.

Jan Didden

Originally posted by stinius
Joshua

First:
Why don’t you just use your first circuit?

When low output Z is more important, I will use a modification of my initial circuit. I'll post the modification later.

When lowest noise is more important and when the load draws current of the same magnitude all along, I'll use the last circuit.

Second:
I’m concerned about the reputation of JC, and that you are taking him with you in to the mud.
Like this thread has become he must answer for himself and also try to support you.

Please explain what you refer to as "mud".

If you had any respect to JC you wouldn’t post whatever you came up with and expect John to support you.

Please explain, what do you think I shouldn't posted?

It seems like you don’t have any respect at all to the people you are posting with,

Your assumption is wrong.

I don’t like that kind of behaviour.

What behavior?

I respect JC, and if I didn’t respect him and his work I wouldn’t argue with him and I think that is the same with everybody else in this thread.

What being reflected in some of your posts here is the opposite of respect to JC.

stinius said:

Dear John

Do you think that Joshua came up with the last "design" by his own, or did he get some "blessed" support?

Of course the circuit was changed according to John's suggestions – which is why I don't give myself credit to the circuit.

You see, I'm interested in the best circuit to suit my needs – not in credit.

I came up with a circuit, following John's suggestion and putting some of my own ideas. Do you find anything wrong with it?

KBK said:

Specific and or lowest levels of ripple or regulation can be almost irrelevant and many times, if taken to an extreme, without this coming particular point as the first, on order of importance....can make a real mess out of the sonics of a given piece of audio gear.

That's all I was saying. :)

I mean, the last thing you want is secondary modulation of your transient signal components (where the ear wants to be-and hears by) by any regulation devices.

One reason that large devices (T-03) as regulation might work better, soncially speaking. This is partially due to low levels of temp-co shift under transient draw due to the greater mass...the downside is a noise that tracks along with the signal which might be more sonically annoying to some....

Which is why different supplies will be better sonically to different circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.