John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW -- the house always look this clean and polished... anytime day or night. Its Lisa not me.

And cold bacon always at hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.GIF
    IMG_0027.GIF
    44.3 KB · Views: 213
Marsh, I really like the glass counter idea. I can see myself wanting one with a little stronger color and even thicker glass in the future! Your sink however looks very challenging to do dishes in.... I also suspect you'd love the toilet concept I've been "sitting on" for years. (ok, it's not made yet, but it will if I live to make it happen)

I've always felt most houses are boring and can't understand why someone wanted to live in it, let alone build it. It isn't really anymore expensive to make a nice layout even in a smaller houses square feet. I find the lots of tiny rooms approach to feel like prison.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Marsh, I really like the glass counter idea. I can see myself wanting one with a little stronger color and even thicker glass in the future! Your sink however looks very challenging to do dishes in.... I also suspect you'd love the toilet concept I've been "sitting on" for years. (ok, it's not made yet, but it will if I live to make it happen)

I've always felt most houses are boring and can't understand why someone wanted to live in it, let alone build it. It isn't really anymore expensive to make a nice layout even in a smaller houses square feet. I find the lots of tiny rooms approach to feel like prison.

There are 2 sinks... the "river" sink and another dual sink with thick SS deep drawn for misc. washing. A very quiet Miele dish washing machine is used. you can barely tell it is On standing next to it.

If you do it, it must be virgin Diamond clear glass... no impurities or it will have a green tint (iron) and impossible to paint the color you want...your color + green = ??

Most new homes are built and designed for easy cost effective construction for max profit. So they tend to all look the same/similar. Also, many are built and designed by a contractor... who are notoriously bad at design and have no taste... So they just copy same variations over and over. Spec homes.

A small space like my condo is tastefully done and looks great. It really does cost a little more for quality and interesting design. Just like audio. But then it becomes a 'custom' layout home. Just take your time. I have been in this house for 20 years and kept adding to it until it is what you see today. But it still ain't cheap. Waly, the kitchen is all custom made in Italy to my design by SKAVOLINI. [that should get him frothing] The safe but ugly brown floor tile was torn up and replaced with off white porcelain (used thu out the house) .... super hard .... from Italy and another long wait. I was cooking in a WOK in my garage every day for a year.

it is all in my mind. Yes.

-RM

-Richard

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My kitchen is scientific.

View attachment 623479

Workflow optimized and almost capable of autoquisquilaestasis at an acceptable level. Weekly cleaning is tomorrow, as may be obvious for the habitual observer.

... but your coffee is second to none! Personal experience.

BTW If anyone thought only in audio you find funny marketing, how about finding this in your inbox:

"We offer Ethical Organic Campaign Services..." any idea what this is all about?

BTW2 I googled autoquisquilaestasis - one hit only. This post ;-)

BTW3 Dick did I see a dinky stand-alone microwave at the far end of your counter top? No matching build-in hi-tech stuff in this super kitchen??

Jan

Last edited:
Now when we are in kitchen show, here is mine, actually kitchen and dining room all in one open space. Counter top made in granite not sensitive to any spill or heavy peace drop, glass, I suppose is (heavy drop). Small and cosy.

and my house

Attachments

• IMAG2537.jpg
    IMAG2537.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMAG2540.jpg
    IMAG2540.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG2541.jpg
    IMAG2541.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAG2543.jpg
    IMAG2543.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Kitchen & Lab show

Could not resist to join in. :)

100% DIY.
Entire structure is built up from industrial structural aluminium extrusions.
item international
Whole thing bolted together with M8 stainless steel screws.

Partitions are 8mm Trespa.
Doors and panels are 19mm birch multi-ply with High Pressure Laminate both sides.
Hinges and mechanisms from Blum.
https://www.blum.com/us/en/01/

A friend said it will outlast me for sure. ;)

Patrick

Attachments

• 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 29.JPG