John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which specific electrons does it absorb?

The "bad/irregular" ones. After sizing, cleaning, aligning and stabilizing them of course. :D

The Bybee Quantum Mechanical Filter that was developed from this research is a device that creates a barrier and literally sizes, cleans, aligns and stabilizes individual electrons and throws out the bad/irregular electrons.

se

They have been persuading electrons to behave for more than 50 years, so no jokes, Messieurs.

Pavel,

I think Telefunken found a better way to make electrons behave....

YouTube - historic Telefunken commercial

I didn't know that there was a rivalry between tube generations, but then again, I guess each new generation despises the previous one....;)

Howard Hoyt
CE - WXYC FM 89.3
UNC Chapel Hill
www.wxyc.org
1st on the Internet

Isn't it wonderful (and a gift to the ad men) that metals with magic properties also have such wonderful names? With names like that they must have counter-intuitive properties!

The ones whose wavefunctions don't anticommute.
No, these are the ones we want. It was always a mistake to do electronics with electrons because, as fermions, they don't like each other so any current becomes lumpy and noisy. Better to use bosons, as they always play nicely together so we would get nice smooth signals. We just need a stable charged boson. Any ideas? I know, alpha particles!

I have in front of me a material which actually does conduct via solitons rather than electrons. P-type, in this particular case, so I guess it would be "solitons rather than holes." I'm afraid to use it in my system lest the lack of spin in the charge carriers cause the music to be reproduced with such stunning rhythm and pace that I succumb to the same fate as the little girl in The Red Shoes.

Before I buy something I either want good reports from people I trust, or a plausible(*) explanation of how it works. When it comes to audio I trust very few people, not because there is anything wrong with them but because I have heard of the placebo effect so I don't fully trust myself. The placebo effect still works even when you know it is working.

Other people may have the advantage of ignorance, or a post-modern mindset. I don't have those advantages.

(*) plausible = accords with the physics I know, or a reasonable extension of it

Does anyone of those here mocking Bybee Purifiers ever tried one?
Anyone who laughs at something they didn't even try ridicules oneself.

You are on dangerous ground Joshua....SY has made many measurements of these devices and despite his bias against anything with the whiff of snake-oil he has published his results on that thread.....if you search you will find a lot of information [.......maybe this testing is responsible for his late desktop being safe in the arms of......:sing:]

Of course anyone could pose the question "was SY, through the fact that he is not familiar with the practice of measuring what some would call magical effects as found outside strict schoolroom science, measuring the correct properties? I'll leave you to decide for yourself, but he has done the work. As for me? I don't care either way as I have plenty of other cures needed before concerning myself with audio magic/jewellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.