John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, we have (in many cases immediate) access to artists directly. I've been a huge Kosmische Musik fan since the mid-70's, bands like Amon Duul II, Can, Ash Ra Tempel, etc., and these days I am buying remastered stuff directly from Manny Gottsching of Ash Ra himself. I love that he is getting a bigger share of the $, and DLing hi-res FLAC files has proven to be in many cases the best sounding transfer medium I have heard.

A few of my favorite labels are:
Recommended Records, run by Chris Cutler of Henry Cow fame (ReR Megacorp),
Seventh Records, mainly French Magma and related Zeuhl music (Seventhrecords)
Mellatronen from Sweden (Mellotronen.com)
Moonjune (MoonJune Records, NYC) Canterbury, jazz, rock
Cuneiform (CUNEIFORM RECORDS)

With these labels, the vast majority of the money goes directly to the artist.

Cheers!
Howie

Howard Hoyt
CE - WXYC-FM 89.3
UNC Chapel Hill, NC
diyAudio server HTTPS page

Cool, didn't know Magma was still popular, I want MEKANIK DESTRUKTIW KOMMANDOH on CD as my original LP is showing its age a bit....

This morning I went shopping at a wholesale center (Metro Delft), while I was stuffing the junk back into the cart at the cash register I heard the sound of my bank card drop.
Nothing on the floor or in the cart, so I ended up opening every volume-buy box with top holes.
Turned out the card had slid inbetween the conveyor rollers, a supervisor had to be called to retrieve it.

By the time the payment card was inserted in the right slot machine, I tried to lift 2 boxes of oranges.
I told the folks who helped to pick up 66lb of juice balls from all over the shop floor, plus the ones waiting in line, that I also juggle bananas and can be booked at nut dot con.

I'm an alcoholic, there's no limit to what I can drink while simultaneously walk a wire and solve cubic roots with point 2 decimal accuracy.
Limitation is that my head disconnects from all 4 external dimensions.

Accept or except who you are (freak).
Just saying.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I lament the passing of the bipolars for CRT deflection, 2SA1402/2SC3596. 700MHz, low output capacitance.
Available as new old stock.

Attachments

• NOS.png
    NOS.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 244
It's a capacitor and resistor. And it's preferable that it be as far down the oscillation path as possible. If the speaker cable was the problem it would be best at the end of it, otherwise you'd still have minor amounts occurring.

The feedback actually has problems with the situation that makes it happen because it's trying to over-correct, and essentially causing the oscillation that can hurt the components. Having the zobel in it would just mean that it would be a weaker effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.