John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
will be interesting to see how the anti-MQA backlash is going. Both Schitt and PSaudio have given it a resounding 2 thumbs up. Seems Bob has changed tack recently and wants to bake MQA into the hardware and effectively take over final voicing of any product. Not suprisingly this gets a dim view from many.

Personally I see it as a streaming technology, and therefore of no interest. Outside of streaming I can't see labels liking it as you lose the ability to charge 50% more for the HD version.

I just picked up a Simon Rattle/BPO beethoven symphony set in 24/96 and 24/192 2 channel and surround. Will be interesting to compare.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
After the recent amplifier review in SP I suspect Schiit's credibility is sinking like a stone. Maybe a kidney stone that was just passed? That can be a good thing.

My late father suffered from them sometimes, and when he saw one come out in his urine my late mother said it was the first time he had ever said, in all their years of marriage, "This must be my lucky day!"

Status
Not open for further replies.