John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
COP between 20 and 80.

One year long third party independent test is now completed on a 1 megawatt power plant.

Certain members can kiss my ***, over all the undeserved abuse I've been given on this subject, over the years.

https://animpossibleinvention.com/2...nt-one-year-1-megawatt-e-cat-trial-completed/

The next domino to fall... is ...what about the rest of the other claims on other similar subjects and devices?

Time to revisit.. and... scientifically speaking, grow the hell up. Welcome to the new world and it's new gold rush.

And don't be shy with those class A power amps! It's no longer the energy as an issue.

What I am REALLY looking forward to with all this free energy stuff is going to the gas station, putting in a quarter of a tank, driving up to Scotland (pick up a few bottles of Laphroaig) and getting back to find I have a full tank. As they say, things will then be '**** hot'.

What I am REALLY looking forward to with all this free energy stuff is going to the gas station, putting in a quarter of a tank, driving up to Scotland (pick up a few bottles of Laphroaig) and getting back to find I have a full tank. As they say, things will then be '**** hot'.

Best to go to the distillery as they give a free tot...or three if not busy! Islay is a lovely island too - well worth a visit.

Attachments

• 2934075JPG.jpg
    2934075JPG.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Thanks for the comments on the 10uH inductor. I was thinking estimating the noise pickup of such a thing would be a can of worms. Maybe I should try anyway.
What I would try: take your 10uH inductor and make a probe with it. Use it to sniff around likely sources of EM.

Note that the form factor will be important. A single turn with 10uH of inductance will be a lot different than something compact, let alone an air-core toroid.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thank you Ken I really miss this stuff.

“We did an experiment on our own but we stopped it. We realised that we were sitting on a neutron source and that’s not something you should do in your basement,” Rickard Lundin, Professor of Space Physics at Swedish Institute of Space Physics and member of The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA)*, told me.
The scientists are now preparing for a well-planned experiment with all necessary safety measures, ideally with a transparent reactor body since the effect according to the scientists releases a lot of light.
Ponderomotive forces derive from the electrical part of oscillating electromagnetic fields, and act on all particles, bodies or plasmas. They are all characterized by a transfer of electromagnetic energy and momentum to charged or non-charged particles. One of them, the gradient force, works independently of the sign of charges.

So you changed tired old caps for new ones and the volume pot made the difference despite changing several things at once?

Not quite so. First I changed just the caps, and the amp was its "normal" self, i.e. more or less as ir had been until then, only slightly faster and the bass lines were somehat better defined, as I would expect. I have done this enough times to know what the expected differences are likely to be. Then I decided to change the pot after all, no idea why it took me time to decide on that, I had long suspected that it should have been done at the time of purchase, December 1993. Actually, I was too lazy to do it all in one go, and I wanted to eparate these two operations becuse I wanted to be sure of the differences if any. As it turned out, there were plenty of differences, and all for the better.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Best to go to the distillery as they give a free tot...or three if not busy! Islay is a lovely island too - well worth a visit.

Ahhh.

My wife has agreed to accompany me up to Scotland this summer. See if I can trace some ancestral roots as well (I have a cousin McDonald).

I've been told (may be an apocryphal story mind you) that the Highland Russell's were cattle thieves and wife stealers . . .

The other reason to go is so I have an excuse to use my camera on some decent landscapes. I have a few Ansel Adams books - something to aspire to but never attain. A life permanently lived on the learning curve so to say.

Ahhh.

My wife has agreed to accompany me up to Scotland this summer. See if I can trace some ancestral roots as well (I have a cousin McDonald).

I've been told (may be an apocryphal story mind you) that the Highland Russell's were cattle thieves and wife stealers . . .

The other reason to go is so I have an excuse to use my camera on some decent landscapes. I have a few Ansel Adams books - something to aspire to but never attain. A life permanently lived on the learning curve so to say.

I'm afraid that the McDonalds are said to be just that! Mind you they did look upon it as sport rather than theft!. [Being Catholics and their 'pastimes' being sport, it was not too much of a sin to them!]:D

As for AA, to get anything like his results is so difficult on anything less than fine grain 5x4 is virtually impossible. Shooting and processing at that level requires vast experience and knowledge along with the capability to allow these factors to amalgamate by acquired instinct. Also the lenses used were nothing like todays. [I even had old Dagors, Artars etc.] And as for digital the lenses are too hard (in my view) and to get the bandwidth requires the largest possible no of pixels...very expensive!
Even then the results are different and cannot compare.

I recently laid out a picture heavy book (on Salmon fishing here on the Tweed). I also balanced the pictures and shot the more recent pics. on a Nikon using first gen. auto lenses. Digital makes such work feasible - but I still don't like it. So it is no surprise that I have similar tastes in Audio!!:)

Nevertheless do enjoy your holiday.:)

Last edited:
...anything less than fine grain 5x4 is virtually impossible. Shooting and processing at that level requires vast experience and knowledge along with the capability to allow these factors to amalgamate by acquired instinct.

One of my uncles went to Brooks and I'm lucky enough to have one of the prints from his senior portfolio--shot on fine grain 4x5 BW film (not sure what he used) and obsessed over in the dark room. Being an 11x14 only (IIRC), it's overshadowed in my house by my own prints (Mantra: if you can't make it good, make it big. If you can't make it big, make it red. :D), but anyone who walks up to give a more careful look is rewarded with tremendous detail and transitions in the gradients. For various reasons, it's my favorite print on my walls, even if it lacks the attention it deserves.

I may be a child of digital photography (and digital music), but I have to give respect to those who spend the time really doing film right. Same to music.

Ahhh.

Good show! You'll have a great time in Scotland I think, Andrew. I know I did in 2009 when wife, son and I went to Edinburgh. A memorable experience I surely wouldn't mind repeating. We saw much, we learnt a lot and enjoyed the Scottish accent which sits very well with me, I enjoy listening to Scots. The best bit is I didn't really feel I was abroad, not quite at home but feeling well anyway, I could live there quite easily. Plus the bits you pick up, a cabbies asked us where were we from. I said from Serbia, we were foreigners. Oh no, he quickly corrected me, you are not foreigners, you are visitors, the English are the forigners. :p

Plus, the mid city sightseeing bus station is hard wired to ultra fi music, as it's well covered with properly dressed clnasmen in kilts playing their bagpipes all day long, live of course.

COP between 20 and 80.

Certain members can kiss my ***, over all the undeserved abuse I've been given on this subject, over the years.

grow the hell up. Welcome to the new world and it's new gold rush.

And don't be shy with those class A power amps! It's no longer the energy as an issue.

agreed.

you might have seen 'cool hand luke'.

that one scene in particular.

'some men, you just can't reach ...'

CciECMbVAAAJ2_O.jpg

and the 'you can lead a horse to water'

'can't make him drink', sort of thing.

i no longer have to pay for electricity.

no reason to continue to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some thing else -

http://robdougan.com/02

Status
Not open for further replies.