John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking late seventies here BTW.

As an analogy : life expectancy of a diesel engine is pimarily governed by the average piston speed. Second factor is the power rating, a higher turbocharged engine with identical max continuous rating rpm has a shorter longevity.

White and blue LED's have a short wavelength => high energy.
High energy => higher rating => shorter life expectancy.
Decremental steps are nominally larger than long wavelength LED's as e.g. RED lightning, aka visually fade away much faster.

I have a device with red LED's which has been running 24/7 for 3 decades, 265k hours minus a couple of bridge&dumpster adress switches.
Without a measurement, I can't honestly tell if half-life has been reached.
Yours truly, dr J Hick.

I have to start getting used to adressing you as Mr. Mr. Russell, Mr. Russell.

I have a device with red LED's which has been running 24/7 for 3 decades, 265k hours minus a couple of bridge&dumpster adress switches.
Without a measurement, I can't honestly tell if half-life has been reached.
Yours truly, dr J Hick..........
My oldest LED is probably the channel indicators in a Quad FM4 tuner.
Might be getting close to 30years old and never a problem with any of the green LEDs.
stays on 24/365 and most of the time shows station 5 LED, probably approaching 100000hrs.

The logic of 100k escaped me.

(you're the principal advocater of accurate English on English forums/fora/fore/fori)
I support attempts to write accurate technical english on a technical Forum.
Otherwise we are left guessing at what ambiguous statements might mean.

Spelling errors can be excused, lack of english due to being a non native language is excused.
gobble de gook written to save time can never be excused.

I had almost forgotten that this is what the thread started as.

Ten year anniversary of the two Blowtorch treads coming up this January.

7th January 2006 . . .

Hello,

For years, I collect all the documentatons, informations, schematics of the best audio designers and products. I possess many of the great brands.

The Blowtorch is the only preamplifier to do the unanimity with the audiophiles of the whole world, even for the tubes fans. Also, I am very interested by this preamplifier.

The Blowtorch preamplifier is the work of CTC Builders (Curl-Thompson-Crump). John Curl creates the electrical designs, Carl Thompson engineers the board designs, and Bob Crump chooses the parts.

Unfortunately, Bob Crump has just died at the end of 2005. With his kindness, I had been able to recover some information.

I believe that this preamplifier was built with less than 40 specimens and is not even available in Europe.

I search just in a strictly personal purpose and not commercial ; all the possible information, specifications, synoptic, diagram, schematics, inside pictures, on the Blowtorch power supply and line stage.

Thank you

Best Regards

Darry

Status
Not open for further replies.