John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, no-one knows the true power of the placebo effect, which is counted as one possible source of almost self-hyponotisin in extreme.

The man talking about Cohrenece Technology is a good example. He now believes that it improves his entire life.

I am reminded of a case in WW2. When the allies stared bombing Austria at the close of the war, one such raid by accident included Colditz, the prison for allied officers, a target usually avoided. At the time, one officer, I think he was a Brit, was locked up in a cellar dungeon and was simply forgotten by everyone. No-one knows how, but he managed to literally tear out two massive iron bars and slip out of the window. Under normal circumstances, no human being could do that by a long shot. Yet he did.

There was another case I read about of a 17 or 18 year old boy in one of the Bible Belt farming states, who saw his uncle being squeezed down by a Chevy truck when the lift used to get it up failed. So he single handedly actually lifted the front of a 2.5 ton truck so his uncle could crawl out. Again, under no circumstances could he be expected to aciheve that, yet he did. Nobody knows how, but he did it.

Well, if such feats are possible, why not convince oneself that one has bought into The Force? Surely that's easier than the above two examples of what is normally simply not possible? Ultimately, this is just one of oh so many cases of the wonders of snake oil.

hmmm very old castle, crumbly stone, damp, possibly not subject to annual checks. Can see how someone could get out from there.

I'd just LOVE to see you demonstrate.

Or just lift the equvalent of that Chevy truck.

The Germans are indeed very likely not to have security in a high value prison checked and rechecked. They encouraged prisoners to escape, in fact. And in my book, steel bars are still steel bars, try bending them with your bare hands.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
you got a picture of these bent bars? Or just a story which got wilder and wilder as the soldier made his way home? crumbly mortar allowing the bars to be removed is a credible way.

As for the Chevvy sounds like the opening credits of the incredible hulk TV series. Like Alien abductions always some red necks with no credibly witness as to what ACTUALLY happened. I've seen pictures of bodybuilders lifting cars a few inches off the ground, so the human body can be capable of such feats but the human mind is far more capable of inventing tall tales. Read any hiend hifi brochure for proof of that.

I've seen pictures of bodybuilders lifting cars a few inches off the ground, so the human body can be capable of such feats but the human mind is far more capable of inventing tall tales. Read any hiend hifi brochure for proof of that.

No point in speculating, all the parameters are never recorded such as how much leverage was available or was it a dead lift.

you got a picture of these bent bars? Or just a story which got wilder and wilder as the soldier made his way home? crumbly mortar allowing the bars to be removed is a credible way.

As for the Chevvy sounds like the opening credits of the incredible hulk TV series. Like Alien abductions always some red necks with no credibly witness as to what ACTUALLY happened. I've seen pictures of bodybuilders lifting cars a few inches off the ground, so the human body can be capable of such feats but the human mind is far more capable of inventing tall tales. Read any hiend hifi brochure for proof of that.

No - I wasn't even born in 1945. Do you have an HD shot of the Big Bang?

The kid shown on the pohotos looks rather skinny. Just like a 17-18 year old often looks like. Again, I'd like to see you do something like that, but that's not going to happen, is it?

Why lift the entire front of a car when it's much easier to lift the side.
Front or back makes little difference.

Curb weight of a regular Chevy C/K series is less than 4000lbs.
The long travel of a truck wheel suspension makes it hard to get the wheel off the floor.

The miracle part is how someone manages to crawl from under a truck after it landed on him.
Maybe if the kid was a 7ft basketball player, and uncle rolled from underneith.

Status
Not open for further replies.