John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the ice sheets of Greenland and Antartica that are the concern . . . Not the ice sheets of the Arctic.

Totally agree. Don't forget the glaciers as well.

It just frosted me when everybody starts talking about the melting of floating ice and how sea level will rise as a result. It shows the lack of scientific knowledge, and how easily public opinion can be swayed.

jn

Glad my tongue in cheek comment got everyone talking. The point was how much disinformation there is out there and how little people check facts.

Sort of like saying the NSA only collects the meta data, like that says we only looked at the fact a letter had a stamp on it in the old day, not that we looked at who it was written to or what was inside! But anyone who hasn't understood that all land line phones could be looked at for key words and phrases way before the internet wasn't paying attention anyway.

NOW BACK TO AUDIO.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
One of the best thing about true knowledge is that it protects you from danger. It is unfortunate that our culture nowadays does not want to or know how to check facts, despite our fury whenever we get scammed or used in any way. You could say we have forgotten how to KNOW, or maybe we haven't really figured it out yet, which would explain why we are the way we are.

An additional factor is that we always seem to try to shift the blame to someone else, even if we acted just plain stupid.
Remember the woman that sued McD for hot coffee she spilled?

jan

@ Mikelm,

Ok, Sorry about that mis- understanding.

No i did not get to hear it, the owner did not get all of his amplifiers in time, his system uses 6 balanced monobloc's, he has only recieved 2 prs and is waiting on the last pr. I would guess and say in another month i will get the opporturnity to hear the system..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.