John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
john curl said:
Are you saying that there are no specific electron STATES? That is what is implied in Jack's info.
He didn't say states, he said electrons. Last time I looked, the only state which is relevant to audio conductors is the conduction band.

Joshua_G said:
My education has nothing to do with the fact that no scientific evidence concerning the Bybee devices being a fraud was presented here.
People will note your reluctance to answer a relevant question. You keep asking for 'scientific evidence' yet you have offered us no evidence that you are capable of understanding and evaluating it. On the contrary, you have given us evidence that you appear unable to understand our concerns by brushing them away.

I have no idea what your own area of expertise is, but I suspect that if someone with no knowledge in that field of study tried to tell you that a considered opinion you have expressed must be backed up by 'proof' (which you know they would not understand) then you might not want to waste your time with them.

I am a classical physicist, not an atomic physicist, so my courses are mostly classical physics, you know: Mechanics, Optics, Electrodynamics, etc. I never got interested in Quantum Mechanics until about 20 years ago. I am a electronic design engineer, by both education and experience mostly. I bet that I am better at that than you are! '-)

Then perhaps you should stop posting pages out of basic solid state texts, since they all assume that one knows freshman physics (like the antisymmetry of fermion wavefunctions with respect to exchange). Stick to circuits, you'll look better.

Unless your schooling stopped in 1917, this was all covered. I know you're old, but you're not THAT old.

You say that the Bybee device is a 'snake oil', yet you have no scientific evidence for it being so. It is so only according to your unsupported opinion.

Joshua, this mis-understanding disappoints me I will try to get a couple of Bybee's and put this to rest. I don't think you are a troll, we just are not debating from the same platform. I don't think we have a common agreement as to what scientific evidence is.

Beyond the ones I already did (noise, electron velocity, impedance, RF and microwave impedance), what are you planning?

Joshua's issue is not the platform, it's the inability to find the "search" button.

I was planning 1/f noise from cartridge w/wo LP, some nice clear heavily averaged plots with no confusers and with enough resolution to say "see there is no noise improvement, the claims are false". I can bring some heavy instrumentation to bear.

Maybe I'm repeating something, sorry if I missed it, no biggie.

I did that, using a current sensing resistor as a control. The objections were, "You signal averaged! That's not how the devices/music work!" So I did single shot. The objections then became, "You're not looking at microwave!" So I looked at microwave. The objections became, "Well, you didn't look at millihertz!"

At that point I realized that anyone with a grain of intelligence had seen everything they needed to know that it was a fraud, and that the shills could keep the thing spinning forever.

You say that the Bybee device is a 'snake oil', yet you have no scientific evidence for it being so. It is so only according to your unsupported opinion.

Joshua, you keep saying that, but you are still wrong. There is ample evidence that these "devices" don't do what they claim (or much of anything). They have been measured, and found wanting; that is, they are indistinguishable from a low-value resistor. I have asked you, as have others: What evidence do you require? Why have you not answered that simple question? Why have you not looked up the measurements available on this site?

In the context of whether they do or don't something, this post, http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ever...fier-measurement-analysis-99.html#post2383153, in one of the relevant threads, to me typifies the sort of effect that does occur when one does tweaking in key areas. This is by a member whose experiences, and experiments, were treated seriously at the time - I would consider it pretty silly to keep insisting they do nothing, in many instances they will do something ... the point is then whether the money paid is worth the "benefit", and whether the same could be achieved in a more straightforward way ...

Hang in there Joshua, but we might have to give up on this group.

John, I have never shown you that kind of disrespect. I have asked Joshua a very simple question, which he has ignored. Why do you tell him to "Hang in there", but leave me hanging? Why do you say that you will give up on me, but "hang in there" with someone who would 't even look up the data?

I am very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.