John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Hitswire,
" Bybee lives" John Curl.

And you wonder why people think there is something wrong here? Pure BS and he knows it or should, or perhaps he really is that naive or gets some money out of this? He can not state one scientific thing to prove the things work, and others have purchased them and taken them apart and showed that they were nothing but a resistor. This is why he gets the feedback and ridicule here, sometime he more than deserves it.

I won't puke but it is very disheartening when someone like John spouts this BS. He deserves all the negative comments that he asks for.

So, this guy cannot have an opinion on this public forum unless it's backed up by scientific proof? My understanding is that he thinks those devices work and that they're awesome. Why can't you guys agree to disagree?

No need for personal attacks and insults just because someone doesn't subscribe to the same convictions as you.

Don't remember if it was Sy or who it was but if we look back months ago when this came up again it was stated they were tested and disassembled and nothing inside, just a resistor.

Is it any wonder that the high end industry is dying. When the big names will sell useless junk why should anyone pay attention to the industry? It has become a circus of who can sell the most expensive toys that serve no purpose. Magic pills and magic dots to put on your walls. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
So, this guy cannot have an opinion on this public forum unless it's backed up by scientific proof? My understanding is that he thinks those devices work and that they're awesome. Why can't you guys agree to disagree?

No need for personal attacks and insults just because someone doesn't subscribe to the same convictions as you.

:cool::cheerful: I cant see how the ByBee thing can work either... little to no info and I have not tried to listen to them, either.....
but, still.... verbal lynching, burning at the stake, car bombing or a drive-by shooting isnt called for... .... ( is it?)

Last edited:
As I understand those poking at JC believe that what he does hurts people, and so feel justified, or even a bit more than justified. I can see why this happens, but I also think it is all a bunch of misdirected energies, and not very productive (whether they are right or not). There are no actual results from this as far as I can tell, except for frustration.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
OK guys, back to circuits.

I devised a technique to kill ground loop currents back in 2008, never did anything about it...(In fact, the bulk of it is in my gallery, the drawing with the magnetic core driving the loop with a toroidal pickup between amp and pre. Use the pickup to drive the core inverted to zero the loop current.)

George provided me a copy of Coaxial Electrical Circuits for Interference-Free Measurements, Shakil Awan, Bryan Kibble, and Jurgen Schurr, IET, 2010

Here is a copy of page 56:

Anybody game to try this on an unbalanced coax input to an audio amplifier? It's auto-ground loop busting without breaking the conductivity of the loop.

Perhaps a group engineering/build?

Edit: Oh, btw, it needs to have a bandwidth of 20Khz at least...

jn

I'm game. It needs a pair of decent toroid cores. I may have something in the junk box. Studying the circuit the part that leaves me lost is the return current from the opamp output. It all goes to the differential inputs which are high impedance when the opamp is working. Is there a cap or some such I'm missing?

Don Moses showed me something similar for AC power many years ago. I could not see a good pathway to a business then for it, too expensive and esoteric for the mid-high market then. The whole mid-high market is gone now.

I'm game. It needs a pair of decent toroid cores. I may have something in the junk box. Studying the circuit the part that leaves me lost is the return current from the opamp output. It all goes to the differential inputs which are high impedance when the opamp is working. Is there a cap or some such I'm missing?

The toroids are transformers. The authors suggest 12 to 20 turns each for the coax windings, 10 turns for the detector winding, and 50 turns for the correction winding. One transformer senses current at one end of the cable and the other drives the opposite end with an inverse correction current in an attempt to cancel unwanted current flowing from one end to the other. AC current flows into the output transformer. DC current is essentially zero.

I have some thoughts about implementation if helpful but no time to build or test anything.

Dave

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
> Other than Copernicus having actual analysis and evidence.

At the time he was proposing his theory,
his "analysis and evidence" were given the
same type credence that ByBee gets here.

Defenitely not! Early during his work Copernicus was actually invited to Rome and his discovery was hailed as a great result from Christian Science. It was much later that his going got tough for political reasons.

Comparing Copernicus to the Bybee stuff is hilarious - Copernicus actually had something to show for.

Jan

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
I wouldn't buy a Bybee device if it cost $5. But I have no problem if JC pays $300 a piece, or if he thinks it's made of dlithium crystal.

Let's stay away from personal jabs. This forum is a good playground for discussing ideas or building projects. Some are well rooted in science, others have a good amount of personal belief. Neither can be dismissed, no matter how offensive it can be to anyone of us. It's just what it is.

Bybee measurements:

Attachments

• bybee 3001.jpg
    bybee 3001.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 199
  • bybee noise.jpg
    bybee noise.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.