John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2004
Paid Member

I tried to chase down his patent. its as elusive as the gold in it. Intellectual Property Office - Patent document and information service (Ipsum) There is an Australian reference as well. However google reports the patent in question as something else https://www.google.com/patents/US20...a=X&ei=76SNUry-PIGnigKpy4CAAQ&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA

The patent documents seem a little bogus. Close but not quite right.

This is a highly developed scam.

I tried to chase down his patent. its as elusive as the gold in it. Intellectual Property Office - Patent document and information service (Ipsum) There is an Australian reference as well. However google reports the patent in question as something else https://www.google.com/patents/US20...a=X&ei=76SNUry-PIGnigKpy4CAAQ&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA

The patent documents seem a little bogus. Close but not quite right.

A good patent is smoke and mirrors , just enuff to block, why give away anything ...

Joined 2002
Paid Member
A good patent is smoke and mirrors , just enuff to block, why give away anything ...

The old patents from ~1930-1970 on cartridges and arms were giving away a wealth of knowledge.
There are still people that respect one of the intents of a patent, teaching (see Nelson Pass).

I thank all the participants that contributed to the membrane acoustical subject.:)
I will try to have an eye on any details that will be published and I will let you know.

George

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was looking for the usual references and citations. There is no US patent or application I could find. The UK and Au docs are not complete enough to even be applications. It takes a lot of guts to claim and essentially fake a patent. You can get sued for even listing an expired patent.

scott wurcer said:
Fermenting silver with mutant yeast to get gold.
How long before someone pops up here with the allegedly irrefutable argument that as we don't know everything it might be possible to ferment silver to get gold?

How do you prove that someone is wrong when to do that he needs to understand things which if he already knew them could be used to prove himself wrong and save us the trouble?

After all the debate that has gone back and forth as to what is important in hi fi reproduction, I find that discussion, at some point, is ineffective. Measurement, while potentially useful, seems to be reaching the end of what is easily measurable, as well as showing that we are probably measuring the wrong parameters in the first place.
This was first pointed out to me by Richard Heyser, over 40 years ago, after he sought better answers than mere harmonic distortion, etc, that was as popular then, and just more 'refined' today. Richard Heyser started from hearing listening differences in amplifiers, in the 1950's, as I still continue to do today, but I usually need the help of a colleague's extra quality hi fi set-up, to hear these 'differences' clearly. Now, finally, after 20 years, I hope to make my living room playback system comparable to my electrostatic headphones, that while incredibly clear and useful, are also uncomfortable after a short time of use. I have depended on my STAX headphones for detecting most of the audio differences that I have been able to discern, but my present system is certainly not bad, just not SOTA. Once I get things in order, I hope to try a number of 'changes' that I hope will improve my hi fi reproduction, and perhaps I will post a few here, if and when I find them.

If only it were that easy.

However, I did not bring this subject to this thread, someone else did. It's so complex, even as a subject opening, that dozens of versions of truth or lies can hide in just the breadth of the doorway to that area of investigation.

Suffice to say, the situation, the story, the claims, the whole shooting match is incredibly complex, to say the least. It makes the control of emergent technology by black ops/gov, via threats, death, and editorialization of the public record, shills and fools being encouraged to help people look in other direction - in depth investigation of this subject (15 years overall) has made that world (black ops), which is known to exist as a fact...look like a joke in comparison.

Back to audio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.