John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
We all have our little problems, just when I thought I had found milk frother nirvana, the thing triggers my espresso machine to stand-by flushing.
I just want Coffee out, and Froth in, will have to install a Backbee.

Get a Nestlé 'Nespresso'. I went through about 3 espresso makers. For capaccino they are all crap. I on use my espresso machine now for an espresso and nothing else.

In the Eyeworks group copycat version, altered to the script, was House getting a morbus Equus a Tergo infliction, and treatment in Spike general hospital.
Cameo appearance of Arnie Alberts as Dr. Reign the Forrest. Appearing shortly, on your Soap-BS channel.

Attachments

• 1167705581142qh4.jpg
    1167705581142qh4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 173
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The cups are not to my liking, but the Aeroccino milk frothers are super.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/182567-food-thread-41.html#post3509836

(as I respectfully enjoy your design work, and still sense a childhood crush on your roots, I'll make an exception in your case :clown:)

Apologies! I meant aeroccino - that's what I've got! Got it about a year ago - fantastic little appliance.

Nespresso is what I find in a lot of hotel rooms around Asia. Half the time they don't work properly and the pods are often fake . . .

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Frational Articulation, pure BS that should be actionable fraud.
My understanding is this only works for equal temperament, but they are working on one for just intonation, which may or may not be named Fractional Justiculation (TM pending).

Actually, in the realm of questionable nomenclature I have a confession to make. I devised a slightly different surround processor a while ago, and actually did an analog embodiment that saved a small amount of power (hence might have met the patent requirement for utility). It was deployed in a soundbar/subwoofer system, and the salient feature of the filter applied to the crossfeed signals was that it was of fractional slope, in the sense of not being 6dB/octave like John Norris's simple processor (on which Harman, feeling poor at the time, stupidly abandoned the patent when it required only a simple response to office action).

The fractional part suggested fractional dimensions a la fractals :eek:, and it was a mere matter of marketing for the collaborator to label the technique Fractal Expansion. If it is any consolation, I did the work on spec and probably made about 15 bucks an hour by the time I got the one and so far only royalty payment.

Oh --- it sounded pretty decent on some material.

Status
Not open for further replies.