John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
He was probably talking about dark matter/dark energy, possibly out there in galaxies and the universe. He was unlikely to be talking about audio electronics in our homes, and might conceivably be concerned to hear that his remarks might be taken out of context and misapplied to audio - unless of course you are suggesting that dark matter/energy might explain some of the mysteries which allegedly exist in audio.

People with genuine knowledge are usually acutely aware of the boundaries of that knowledge. People lacking knowledge sometimes like to pretend that everyone else is as confused as they are. And why does 'knowledge' always have to come from 'wise Apache women' or the like?

Zzzzz.... more pseudo-phycho babble.

Here is an an example:

Attachments

• marsh1.jpg
    marsh1.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 221
Zzzzzz. did anyone say something interesting or new? no? Zzzzzz
You've already learned that semantics are very important here. No conceptualizing allowed, even if it makes sense. Stick to literal engineer speak, please. Don't crack a smile or loosen up, even briefly. Make sure that anything you write can be verified by people much smarter than you and don't make any fast moves...

Other than those few basic rules, enjoy yourself. Oh, I forgot, nothing new or out of the obvious frame of reference, even if it might be interesting to discuss. Too stressful!

My take is: all things should be measurable; you just have to perceive their existence before you can figure out how to measure them. Thanks for the fresh input, obviously well seasoned.

Regards, Mike

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
JC - the cap article in Audio came about the same way -- Metadata. A few and then a lot of people heard changes with cap type changes.

So, I put out some info in LTE about dielectric constants and later DA info that caught the attention of W.Jung who wanted to do an article together. I also added DA when it seemed like a correlation to descriptions and developed a test circuit and later FFT on the data. end.

Now I understand that some coupling application DBX shows it doesnt matter. So be it.
[BTW TRW asked to use that Audio article for their new engineer training on caps].

But, the servo concept I put forth to W.jung is a better fit for this group here as it has little controvercy - just an engineering solution to some design problems.

The other examples here - like the cross-over decay time correlating with loss of details in the region etal I think deserves more attention ... A little harder to do an ABX for that but maybe someone here could figure it out to see if it matters. Now that would be entertaining!

Thx
RNM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.