John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMA, I use Bybee devices in my audio system. I don't use the latest devices, because I can't afford them, even with a substantial discount, but that does NOT make them any less an 'improver' of audio quality.

I would think he would sell them to you at full factory cost. :rolleyes:

I might point out that the latest 'TAS' gave my 25 year old Vendetta Research SCP-2, 5th place in the 'The 12 most significant preamplifiers of all time'. It isn't just the placement, but the commentary, such as: "The SCP-2 set a new standard in phonostage clarity, transparency, dynamics, and sheer musicality. Moreover, the SCP-2 was by far the quietest phonostage ever produced. ..."
And I hardly know the guy!

What was no 1 and why? I don't buy TAS.

One of my neighbors drives a car with that engine, he has it serviced at a Volkswagen dealer.

(Bowling Green has been on my list to see for like decades)

There ain't much there! The plant and museum are actually just out of town. There is a state college and just about one of every chain restaurants there.

Long ago the big hit TV show from Disney was Daniel Boone. One of the running jokes was that when something "Big" was needed you had to go all the way to the big city... Bowling Green!

Although it is growing and has three highway exits!

Of course if you get there be sure to visit Nashville and Louisville.

The issue is now on sale at Barnes and Noble. #1 went to the Audio Research SP3, and it was well deserved, because Audio Research kept the torch alive when everybody else was selling out to cheap solid state. #2 went to the Marantz 7 tube preamp, also a good design. My solid state designs got #4 and #5 and were the first solid state designs to rate on the list.

Originally Posted by scott wurcer
I'm a proud supporter of Elector on my second 3yr. renewal, most audiophile mags have 10min. of reading and an hour of laughing. I rather watch a classic SNL on Netflix.

I used to get Elektor many years ago. On your recommendation I may start again.

Be warned it is heavily oriented toward microprocessor stuff these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.