JL Audio 500/1 v1 Rev. 10 Boards #2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 10v square wave on high side gates.

Wave form did get slightly cleaner grounding scope to the low side source. All square waves are probably clean and straight enough on all four gates of course including in front of the 4427.

Now should I re-connect the .010uF caps accross the gate and source of all four outputs again?

Yes. That was to load the drive circuit to make sure that the signal stayed clean enough. What you're looking for is a drive signal of sufficient amplitude (~10v) and a falling edge that's close to perfectly vertical. The rising side of the waveform (the left side of the pulse) can and will be more curved.

If you get 4 good drive signals, remove all jumpers (on transistor pads and from the op-amp) and loading capacitors, reinstall the outputs, clamp all heatsink mounted components and see if the amp draws excessive current. Check the outputs for leakage from the gate to the other legs before reinstalling them.

Reinstalled the caps as load, the amplifiers idle current is ~1.084A. I do not have good drive signals at the gate pads of the low-side (Q505 & Q506), but appear to have good enough elsewhere. I think that I am back to your suggestion to replace the 4427 because the IC has decent square wave on its inputs. If so, I'm glad I ordered some extra earlier.

Here is what I do have with scope set at 5V, 2uS, pictures labeled according to test points.

Attachments

• Gate Pad of Q504.JPG
    Gate Pad of Q504.JPG
    644.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Gate Pad of Q507.JPG
    Gate Pad of Q507.JPG
    906.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Gate Pad of Q505.jpg
    Gate Pad of Q505.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 80
  • Gate Pad of Q506.jpg
    Gate Pad of Q506.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 81
  • Pin 2 of 4427.JPG
    Pin 2 of 4427.JPG
    918.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Pin 4 of 4427.jpg
    Pin 4 of 4427.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 27
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.