JL Audio 500/1 v1 Rev. 10 Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes it clips both sides. I editted post #22 during your response.

Picture shows clipping at ~50% gain setting. Scope set to 50V Div. 2mS.

Attachments

• 100_7916.jpg
    100_7916.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 69
To clarify, does the waveform ever swing to the top and bottom of the display if you set the scope to AC coupling and 10v/div?

Yes it does.

Or does it always start clipping at about the ±3div points with the scope set as above?

The key difference is that it swings 80V (8 divisions, AC Coupled) at the Q507 source, but only 50V (5 divisions, AC Coupled) at either output terminal which is the where the last picture was taken from.

It would appear that I need to clean up the solder conections on R519 & R520. While checking those, R520 measured intermitantly out of spec. After checking, I must have improved R520's connection, and when I repowered it seems to have cured to problem. I will remove and clean up the leads and report back.

Yes, 80V square wave. Q504 & Q507 are high side (the two outter outputs).

Pulled those two resistors and they measure in spec. Cleaned them up and reinstalling them seems to have corrected the issue.

I still only have~2.265V across that 5.6V zener. Is that anything to worry about?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.