Jl audio 500/1 powers on with low audio out help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's not marked on the rev.10 amp but I think it's the one indicated in the attached photo.

Attachments

• IMG_5570x.jpg
    IMG_5570x.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 198
I'm having almost the exact same issue with my 500/1. I just put in a new 8w7 and hooked it all up and it was pretty quiet, so I went to adjust the input sensitivity as described by the manual.

So I get it all setup, and even with the gain all the way clockwise, while running a 50hz sine tone, I am still only getting around 5.5v on the sub output terminals. This is with the input sensitivity switch on low. On high they are even lower. It's supposed to be up to 38.7v for a 3 ohm sub.

I don't know too much about this stuff, so from the sounds of it, this fix is going to be over my head. But I thought I'd ask.

I'm using an Alpine CDE-126BT headunit.

I have defeated all EQ's on the headunit, and on the amp itself. Voltmeter is on AC.

Thank you in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.