JL Audio 1000/1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK this amp is fixed. I guess I need to make a grounding point for my frequency generator, because my iPod is working just fine.

The fix for this amp was 3 caps near the outputs and 1 5w5ohm resistor. Plus a lot of cleaning supplies.

Also this amp has a load of dirty switches for which Ive found some contact cleaner and WD40 works very well to fix.

Last edited:
I don't think that I've ever seen one of these amps with this problem so I wouldn't expect it to be a common problem.

A 10w resistor would work if you could find one to fit. The one you listed may work if the leads could be bent to fit the board spacing.

I'd think that it would be very difficult to burn both resistors open since they're in series. It's probably not very common.

My 1000/ has no output. While taking it apart c515 came out. It looks like someone repaired this and r536 (diagonal of c515) 493-3526ND will work for c515? Which 5w5ohm did you go with? I just picked up a scope,ddm, and soldering station. Should i post a new thread when I'm ready?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.