JL 500/1 Low output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, new problem. Now it plays fine for about 45 secs, then the green LED goes out and it plays for another 10 secs, then no more sound. Maybe I didn't get a good connection on the muting transistor? I'm at a loss. When i bench tested it I could only do it for a few secs because of the neighborhood. Any suggestions?

You'll have to open the amp and check the voltage on the 10-pin connector near the power terminals. You need to check the voltage when it's operating properly and when it's playing audio but the green light is off. Compare the voltages to see which pins have different voltage. If you post the voltage, use the following pin configuration.

Attachments

• jlaudio500slashone10pinconnector01.jpg
    jlaudio500slashone10pinconnector01.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 97
OK, got today off, got the amp and cracked it open to resolder the transistor you had me to detach from the board. Didn't like the gap I had between the legs and board before so figured I would re-solder and recheck to see if there was any difference. Went a little more in-depth on the testing. I hooked it up and played it on a low volume. After 10 or so seconds it shut off. Power light and all. Took off the remote and reattached it. It wouldn't cut back on. Once the main power is taken off and put back on, it cuts on again. I played it on a high bass song on higher volume and it stayed playing, I played it for 10 or so minuets. Never cut off, but if there's more than a 10 sec pause between the bass, it shuts off.

Figured I would state that before I set up a bench test to check the voltages. You said to check the voltages when the green power light is out but the amp is playing? Now once the power light goes off the audio cuts out. Do you still need the voltages with the power light on?

Yes. You stated that it produces audio for 10 seconds after the green LED goes off. I need to know what's happening during that time. The voltage on those points should tell me what I need to know. When checking the voltage during that 10 seconds, confirm that the voltage is constant on each point. If one is going up or down, make a note of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.