JG´s Nobrainer and Nobrainer Discrete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The zeners and the diode form the voltage reference.... the setup aims for lowish impedance and temp compensation.

The transistor and the cap before the reg form a cap multiplier.... it works, I have used this for +- 15v in my cdp..... powering the output opamps....

But it is no cap multiplier :( and I'm sure it will work as a 15V supply, the BC's change nothing about that!

Last edited:
The zeners and the diode form the voltage reference.... the setup aims for lowish impedance and temp compensation.

The parallel zeners do not improve anything (they would if the matching was 100% (0% difference) but they are not :( and even then ... mmm (doubts expressed :))) Anyway long term thermal stability is not a problem (over periods of minutes even seconds). I would guess that modern day 317/337's are even more stable then the zener(s)/diode.

Found some D44 D45 power trannies in my stock... good... now I have an old Meridian 101 PSU that I would like to use in this project.... the output is +-35v so it is too much for the opamp.... can I use LM317 337 to feed the opamp at 18volts ?

When powering down, the capacitor is emptied through the BC's base-emitter diode, that is not advisable. To be a capacity multiplier you need some voltage drop between the BC's collector and base. On sudden large current demands, the output power is supplied through the BC's base-emitter diode (not good).

Attachments

• OpAmp Deco.PNG
    OpAmp Deco.PNG
    39.2 KB · Views: 362
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here we have my first p2p draft.

Please comment on the component's layout and particularly on their pinout.

PS: Should the drivers be placed in contact with the heatsink ?

Attachments

• NB p2p.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 56
  • NB p2p.png
    NB p2p.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.