• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JFET matching Jig

2Oz copper & dedicated jumper

• 2oZ copper

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Dedicated jumper clip in kit

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ticknpop, many thanks. That would be extremely kind of you! m(^-^)m

I have 10s of thousands of BF862s that need sorting - my desire for multiple SMD test jigs is to test in parallel so that the work can be finished more quickly.

I don't want to sound foolish but aren't you gonna apply a little pressure (a tiny bit) on the smd transistors, most probably with something like toothpick that doesn't affect their temperature ?
No expert in smd measuring 'cause never bothered with them but nowadays is kind of necessity.

I am afraid you are not factoring in the minimum quantity and PCB cost. I was happy with 5 PCB and started it for the same.
It is unfair to show up in the end and post irresponsible comments.
Where were you when I asked if some one wants to do the group buy? If you knew it could be done better cheaper you could have said that then.
I think your only purpose here is not ,to help anyone out but to deter interested parties and cause confusion and create second thoughts.
This thread is for SMD matching jig and not a two transistor tester!
And Merry Christmas to you.

Cool it, I'm only stating facts and as for being irresponsible, you are the one that state the prices at the end as you say, so I wouldn't use these big words that you throwing at me.

I've done distribution duty in DIYA, I don't consider it big deal.

I don't want to sound foolish but aren't you gonna apply a little pressure (a tiny bit) on the smd transistors, most probably with something like toothpick that doesn't affect their temperature ?
No expert in smd measuring 'cause never bothered with them but nowadays is kind of necessity.

I would recommend you read the whole post and thread if you are honest about what you are doing here.
You might be the Amazon of this site, I am not bothered by your claims.
My question to you was simple , where were you when I was asking people from Europe to do a group buy? If you knew this much why you did not say anything then. After the PCB were ordered this idea came to your mind?
Sorry facts without evidence to support are delusions.
It is no considered polite to express your expertise at unnecessary venues and occasion!
So we should stop here and thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Hey, to have the organizer (kinku), perhaps it is better to edit the Google sheet if you want to opt out or to opt in (new). I added 5 kits for jcarr to the list but didn't strike out ticknpop.

Thanks Fred. Yes , please fill out the sheet and if you have change of mind please remove yourself and allow people to get that spot. The PCB are ordered already , so unfortunately can not change but I am sure have enough for already signed up.
By no means this is a state of the art only one of a kind PCB. I just did it as nothing else was available for SMD Jfets . I don't think anyone will be interested in making this otherwise. Honestly I was overwhelmed with the response. So please understand my limitations.

Boy, you sure can't take criticism. You state prices after ordering and they were high.
I can only consider the argument that you wanted tracking that costed, the rest of your writings are meaningless and go around being offensive.
I expect for the group buy to go on and everybody happy with it, jcarr gonna get mine too, so it's the end of it.

Feel free to move on. I have no intention to ship it to you anyway.
Prices has not changed from the beginning and this was the price I offered and won't change.
Criticism is useful only if it is constructive.
Everyone who knows to read and write Knows by now who is wasting time.

Last edited:
Time for Kits

Hi All,
Please send me the request for Kits ( kits only) with PayPal Id and preferred method for shipping via USPS( first class with{ no tracking international} or priority).
I will order kits by Tuesday morning. Sorry,can't help you if you place request after 26 December 12am EST. for Kits.

PCB will arrive on Tuesday too. I will have 22 , 2oz PCB and 15 regular 1Oz PCBs.
I will look excel sheet to prioritize. Those who placed themselves in the list will get priority in case there is more demand.

PCB requests, please wait till next weekend. I will mail it out as letters as many does.

Last edited:
Format for request

Hi Pals,
To avoid me getting confused and to reduce back and forth messaging please use the following format. Those who send PM already may ignore this. I will contact you if I have questions.
In PM
#Number of boards:
#__ oz
#Number of Kits:
# dedicated jumper : yes/ no
#priority vs cheapest
# PayPal id
# friends and family or PayPal with fee
#Address to ship

Thanks to Your interest.
I will minimize replies during these three days to save PM space.
Will start contacting you by Tuesday.

Last edited:
Europe buyers

Hi,
Seems like Merlin is not willing to be the point to get the boards together for Europe!
If anyone else in Europe interested in getting the kits/ boards together in place of Merlin.
I still recommend to do it that way to reduce shipping costs and faster delivery.
Please let me know.

UK post to europe
International Standard
Our cost effective, reliable standard international service. We aim to deliver items to Europe within 3 to 5 working after posting and rest of world destinations within 5 to 7 working days after posting.Letters may be sent up to 100g, parcels up to 2kg and Printed Papers up to 5kg.

Compensation
Compensation may be payable in the event of loss or damage if proof of posting and evidence can be provided. Use our tracking and signature services where higher levels of compensation are required (up to £250).

Trackable
You cannot track your item online with this service. Where tracking and/or signature is required see our range of International tracking & signature services.
For a letter less than 60grams and less than 5mm thick the charge is £1.57
Within the UK 56p

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Dear Andrew:

Thank you for offering re-distribution within Europe, I appreciate it very much !

I am on the list with one kit and would be very interested in the opportunity to have it shipped via the UK.
Shipping from UK to Germany has been very reliable in the past.

Best regards,
Claas

And they are here:)
Just put a JFEt to demonstrate how it is going to look!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 257
I could do the re-distribution from the UK.

Thanks Andrew. Please contact Andrew if there are enough interest in doing that way. I have few contacted me from Europe. ...............

UK post to europe
For a letter less than 60grams and less than 5mm thick the charge is £1.57
Within the UK 56p

I am on the list with one kit and would be very interested in the opportunity to have it shipped via the UK. ...............
so far you are the only European to respond.

I hope the others are listening !