Jfet BOZ

Zen Mod said:

ya mean on six- ,twelve-, or case-packs ;) ?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Manu said:

She is part of the test setup, :angel:

Then you don't need a distortion analyzer....:clown: :D

steenoe said:
Lookie lookie :) Progress.

Where's the bunny?....imagine advertisement along those lines: "With duracell batteries, Steen's Jfet boz lasts up to 7 times longer..." ;) :D

Nice. It wold be very interesting to hear how it mates with F4...
:up:

Vix :clown:

steenoe said:
Lookie lookie :) Progress.

BTW:
Manu is a serious contender to join the exclusive club of: Top OT thread starters:D His writing style is getting very close, he only needs to start a few threads;)
Steen:cool:

Nice layout steen. :)
I didn't know I had a writing style, Thx. :devilr:

- I've made the test with no :)D ) Output pot at output.
Good news for the masters : it works bestissimo.
I can now crank up the volume to very very (up to much too) loud level without any noticiable (hearable) distortions. Seems that there is (more than) enough gain.
Aleph 5 love to be driven by such a fine and powerfull bride.
The sound is pure magic, only.

As for further tests, obviously you prepare yourself to take over, I see. HeHe.

Waiting for your first impressions.

Manu
:)

I am pretty excited about how this thing will sound connected to the F4, with or without bunnies;) Especially now when Manu talks about loads of gain. I will use two such batteries in series, with a BG or similar (smallish) cap for smoothing out the DC. Manu, you are not off the hook yet;) I am just foolin' around from the sideline:D Back to work;)

Steen:)

BTW did you notice the ugly blue boards on the pic??:cool:

Me again. The proto is up and running, and I beleive this is the ugliest proto I ever made:D Call me Lucky Luke if you wish, 3 hours (including visitors along the way:D , took at least an hour to get rid of .....;) ) It sounds pretty good though! Actually I am quite surprised! No fine-tuning at all, I simply adjusted the input trimpots to half value and hoped for the best;) It really rocks the F4 to clipping....he-he I didnt count on that but nonetheless... The sound is better than expected. The supply is simply a 330uF Black Gate for feeding each channel. Since the original sch. doesnt have any decoup between the channels, I though it would be best to feed each channel from its own cap...pheeeew The batteries are working out extremely well indeed. With no signal and the volume at full throttle, I can hear no hum/noise whatsoever with the ear right next to the effecient Fostex 166's:hot: That was even less expected. Battery supply rules:bigeyes: Pheeeew again:devilr: I am off to some more listening:) (and finetuning along the way!!)
Have a look, ya slow bunch......
Steen:cool:

Edit BTW the album on the pic comes highly recommended from yours truly! Soft listening for the hard guy's! Even the girlies like it!!

Attachments

• testing_jfetboz.jpg
    testing_jfetboz.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,749
I followed this post, and it's looking very promishing !!!.

Steenoe, i would be very pleased, if you could post your'e setup including the connection of the volume-regulation, and the size of that. :blush: ...

Well, it's not that i got the time right now (finishing up my pearl/dac/switch/psu enclosure's). But i allways have the problem, with 'a little too little gain' - So this could very well be my next project.
:confused:

Jesper

Blues said:
Steen is the man! Is this the robust preamp Mr. Pass promised? R Cray is my man too! Battery ps is the way to go with a simple circuit like this. Parallel a couple more and it should last a lifetime:)
I have no idea, but robust it is indeed! Man this little thing rocks the place to no end. Its even more powerfull then the NS10:bigeyes: Me surprised to no end!!!!
I might even consider to go dualmono, using 4 batteries:D I am blasted off my chair;) Build one and listen for yourself! There is not even the slightest noise at full throttle!! Takes an hour to solder this thing together:rolleyes:
lykkedk, the pot is a 10k logpot at the input of the preamp! You are more than welcome to have a look (and listen) for yourself.
Ohh, the battery holder is there to keep them from bouncing around...........He-he

Steen :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
NICd or NiMh

whatever combination ;say one 12V/4Ah plus one 6V/4Ah in series ; or two twelves ; or yourfavenumber of single cells ;

charger - LM317 in CCS mode - Icharge set to 1/50 to 1/100 of declared current capacity , so there is no need for any schmanzy elektor like processor based clever circuit - you can leave it on for good,and switching it off only when you listen da muzak

I know that........... I've run Quad 33 for 3 yrs that way ,with one Yuasa 12V/7Ah

oh boy,how clever I am!!

:Popworm: :Pumpkin:

Ohh, the battery holder is there to keep them from bouncing around...........He-he

...will the commercial version come with a roll of battery holder?

Steen, Would you say that this compares favorably with others - the X-Bosoz in particular. I know it is still early... but it took you long enuff to get one together:clown:

edit:
whatever combination ;say one 12V/4Ah plus one 6V/4Ah in series ; or two twelves ; or yourfavenumber of single cells ;
--or look for discounted/obsolete/new cordless drill packs at the home center;)

or

like this

steenoe said:
I have no idea, but robust it is indeed! Man this little thing rocks the place to no end. Its even more powerfull then the NS10:bigeyes: Me surprised to no end!!!!Steen :)
Steen, I had the same impression listening this afternoon to shostakovich cello concerto with Natalia Gutmann.
"I am blasted off my chair" Thats the point. Nothing to ad.
Manu