• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

JensRasmussen said:
Hello,

IMHO someone should take control and provide an offer, either of the original board from the first GB or on an updated version.....

Mind you, there is a lot of work getting a layout to come together and then the thing needs to be tested....

A seperated input and output stage holds some benefits, but I like to keep things tight in my layouts, so I always prefered the single board layout for the 6 and 10 transistor versions.

I don't really think the size of heatsink is a problem, all you need is a 30 cm long HS. IMO you will need a HS this size anyway if you want to use the full potential of the amp..

Happy GB!
\Jens

I think tryonziess has taken control and made things easier for everyone. I like his decision and look forward to the boards.

hags said:

I'm cool, but, this was a group buy for an existing design and board. There are other forums for discussions on what should and shouldn't be done to this design. That was my point.
If we are purchasing the boards as shown and designed on http://delta-audio.com/Leach-Clone.htm then I'm in.
That's why I'm interested, I'm not interested in a discussion on or purchase of a redesign.
Things can and usually do get way out of hand and turn into something else entirely when going down this road.
I'm eager to build this amp, not talk about what I'd like to do to the circuit.
Let's keep it simple and straight forward. That's why I seconded the idea of contacting a production house that has already made boards of this design. Let's be consistent and stick to what works with predictable results, at least with regard to a "group buy".

This is pretty much my case too.
Still interested on ten 10-device boards (pending final cost).
Cheers!

Re: This group buy

tryonziess said:
I have another quote coming from a Advanced circuits for the original 10 transistor version. I am probably going to order 75 boards and pay in advance. Then if anyone wants the board this way feel free to purchase them at my cost plus shipping. The quote as it stands is for .090 board, 3 oz. copper, green color, with silkscreen, and soldermask, with standard pad finish.

Tad
Do you have an updated quote you can share with the group at this point?
Thanks again for heading this effort.
Cheers!

bob,

no point in saying sorry. in fact, it's people like you, jens, andrewt and countless others' suggestions that made this project successful. and
if there's anyone guilty on this show, that should be me.

i only said it because hags was saying he's not going to join the group buy, and we need numbers on this buy. furthermore, the way he said it was enticing others to do the same. this is what i was trying to stop.

hags,

as i mentioned, i ask you to keep your cool because nothing is final yet. you have said your piece several times already --- that you want it to be the same as the original. that's ok. we like it that way too...

however, please remember that this project was build upon countless other's suggestions. and just because it's completed, that doesn't mean that people can't suggest further improvements. and you said it yourself, this is a "group" buy. do not discount the others just because they have have something to say...

sorry if i hurt your feelings. however, please understand the reason why i posted my previous message.

with that said... back to the GB! :D

Update

Advanced Circuits has quoted 14.71 U.S. for each board quantity of 100 with 2 oz. copper and leaded solder pads in .090 thickness, green, soldermask both sides and silkscreen. I have requested a quote in 3 oz. copper which i should get this morning.
I have a few other production houses still to answer my email for quotes. Let me know your views on this board. Thanks tad

Re: Update

tryonziess said:
Advanced Circuits has quoted 14.71 U.S. for each board quantity of 100 with 2 oz. copper and leaded solder pads in .090 thickness, green, soldermask both sides and silkscreen. I have requested a quote in 3 oz. copper which i should get this morning.
I have a few other production houses still to answer my email for quotes. Let me know your views on this board. Thanks tad

Definitely interested in 4 boards. I would like to see what the qoute is on the 3 oz copper.

Latest quote

The quote i recieved this morning on the board with 3 oZ. copper has raised the price to almost 19.00 U.S. I do not think the extra 1 oz is worth the 5 dollar extra price. Let me know about this I am not super knowledgeable about what would or would not be sufficient copper weight.
To get the 14.71 price there is a 4 week lead time. I am not in too big of a hurry. It would take that long to sort out logistics. This thing is going good so far. Thanks Tad

Re: Latest quote

tryonziess said:
The quote i recieved this morning on the board with 3 oZ. copper has raised the price to almost 19.00 U.S. I do not think the extra 1 oz is worth the 5 dollar extra price. Let me know about this I am not super knowledgeable about what would or would not be sufficient copper weight.
To get the 14.71 price there is a 4 week lead time. I am not in too big of a hurry. It would take that long to sort out logistics. This thing is going good so far. Thanks Tad

I'm not that knowledgable and do not know if the 3 oz copper is needed or not. I can go either way on the price of the boards.
Four weeks lead time is ok with me.

The really cool thing is Advanced circuits is running a free tooling special right now which means no more cash out of our pockets. Ain't life grand. Anyway when i get everything sorted out with the sales guy i will get the order processed. I hope it will not be too hard to find 25 to 35 people who want the Jens Rasmussen 10 transistor board. Thanks to all Tad And thanks to Jens for a great design. It is really nice when people with more knowledge in these things than i are willing to share their time and expertise.

Tad

This is to confirm I would like to purchase ten boards.

I understand that these are 10-device boards as designed by Jens.

I also understand that these are 2 oz @ $14.71 per board plus shipping.

Please let me know what is your preferred form of payment.

Thanks for your efforts to get this going.

Cheers!

pcb order

I have placed the order for the 100 pcb's from Advanced Circuits. There tech guy is supposed to get back with me to make sure there will be no problems. I do not foresee any issues. So for all of those who have requested boards thanks. The wiki page is up to 68 as of this morning. Jens Rasmussen 10 transistor board, 2 oz. copper, green with white silkscreen, soldermask both sides and leaded solder pad finish. That should do it. Tad

Re: pcb order

tryonziess said:
I have placed the order for the 100 pcb's from Advanced Circuits. There tech guy is supposed to get back with me to make sure there will be no problems. I do not foresee any issues. So for all of those who have requested boards thanks. The wiki page is up to 68 as of this morning. Jens Rasmussen 10 transistor board, 2 oz. copper, green with white silkscreen, soldermask both sides and leaded solder pad finish. That should do it. Tad

I'm in for 4 boards. What is the wiki page and why is it up to 68?
Thanks!