Jean Michel on LeCleac'h horns

..... The wood structure is too nice to glue something on. Have anyone any experience of damping freestanding wood horn?
/Harry

A DIY classic Iwata 2" in wood-multi-slices (glued) ...
Nice & WAF=10/10

Attachments

• DSC_1600.jpg
    DSC_1600.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 804
Maybe very thick, dense wood. The throat is the area that needs the most attention.

The resonances are most common in the middle in the front when it is the wood horn I have, built according to the drawings. And the same according to the original JBL horns I have tried. Used freestanding, mounted in a baffle is most likely a totally different issue.
Less predominant towards the sidewall and certainly much less towards the driver.
I have had quite a few horns and I would say that all horns are suffering when the end looks thin like a lip. How many has tried to make the end of the horn a bit rounded backwards for limiting the sharp end so the material is quite a bit thicker? And how does that affect the dispersion?

/Harry

Both Arai horns (A-480) and the classical Iwata share the same problem: their throat adpater 'round to sqyare) is too short and induded diffraction at throat and HOMS.

I designed and calculated the iwata-JMLC in order to avoid that problem.

http://horns.pl/images_old/horns/iwata300wh4.jpg

But the spreadshhet to calculate those horns is large (more than 100Mo) and is difficult to use... So it is not public.

But the spreadsheet I once wrote to calculate the classic Iwata horn is available somewhere on Internet.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Grazie

ciao a tutti
anch'io ho costruito l'iwata classica,

ma vorrei provare a costruire l'iwata di JMC

si potrebbero avere i disegni ?

Qualcuno ha confrontato l'iwata classica con
l'iwata JMC?

Grazie

hello all
I also built the iwata classical

but I would try to build the iwata of JMC

you might have the drawings?

Has anyone compared the classic iwata
the iwata JMC?

thanks

photos

Attachments

• P8140727.JPG
    P8140727.JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 220
  • P8140726.JPG
    P8140726.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 207
  • P8140725.JPG
    P8140725.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 542

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Jmmlc and others,

I have a question about the trade off between the largest (300hz) Iwata and the E-Jmlc horns from Autotech.
Horns
Horns
Through the measurements, it appears that the Iwata becomes much more directional in the HF compared to the E-Jmlc. But the Iwata also has fewer ripples in the response.

How would you rate the performance and sound of the Iwata comapred to the E-Jmlc? And would both need supertweeters?

Thanks!

Side note. For those interested in diysoundgroup horns. He has sort of pulled back from that an dis focusing more on hos Seos kits. I have tried contacting him twice with no response. I was requesting a JMLC horn from him. Don tknow if this means that source has dried up. If there is interest, and we cannot get him to do so, i woul dlike to do a GB from horns.pl for one or mor eof thei rprofiles.