Jean Michel on LeCleac'h horns

$480 in current group buy

Revintage. That's a mighty good looking horn and FR plot you've got going there. The waterfall looks very good, too. Sure, there is a 5dB rise thru the midrange, but it's wide and smooth, quite remarkable.
I'm looking forward to seeing more if you get the chance. Phase/Group delay, and H2, H3 distortion should also look very good.

Were they made by Zagaja in Poland?

Those are the 200T with 2in adapter which are available to the US in the current group buy for $480 each.
JMLC

No adapter?

There is no adapter? What is the purpose of the ring which is part way up the throat? That looks like a joining of two pieces to go from 4inch to 2inch.
Ours are called 200T. They where made to our specifications. No adapter and optimized for OS 2" JBL. So I guess Lukasz/Jack have started to produce them. Good thing:cool:!

Frode,
You are so right, the short horn(ballpark figures, L=35cm, At=400cm2, Am=3600cm2) will be in the front of the 414 and the bassreflex at the rear.

Not so different from what I'm using at the moment.

Frode

P1010580.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Very nice! Is that the JMLC350 you are using?
Also: Your plot above is with no EQ or other filter? How was it driven - the connection from amp to compression driver?

BTW, the scale is super large 150dB, which makes it look flatter. Do you think we can agree on a vertical scale when posting here? It would help.

Very nice! Is that the JMLC350 you are using?
Also: Your plot above is with no EQ or other filter? How was it driven - the connection from amp to compression driver?

BTW, the scale is super large 150dB, which makes it look flatter. Do you think we can agree on a vertical scale when posting here? It would help.

I use the Iwata 300 with the BMS 4592ND. A 2A3 amp sends the signal to the original XO(1st picture below). A simulated result after EQ and roomcorrection is shown below. The plan is to replace the passive XO with an active.

Sorry about the scale, this is just screenshots from Audiolense software. If anyone is interested in a closer look, I can send them the impulse response as a .pcm file.
I need to learn more about measuring, but as long as the system sounds as good as now, it's hard to find inspiration.

Frode

DSC00509.jpg

Sim_bms_300Hz.jpg