Jazzman's new stat panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Regarding the Licron use. I am using the crystal and doing a light spray back and forth once say 16 inches above. I am heating the film shortly afterwards as I am going with the idea of heating before stretching for no reason whatsoever really. I wonder what this would do to the spray?

Your idea of taping the edges of the stators is a good one I have found. I prevents that excess mylar that creeps out after cutting it on the table from being a problem with the stators. By the way is it staaator or stAAAtors. What is the correct pronunciation?

Actually I got that idea from seeing a photo of one of Calvin's panels; wherein, it looked like he trimmed the diaphragm an 8th inch or beyond the stator edge and then wrapped it over and secured it on the opposite side with tape. So, we can say that I got the idea for my edge-wrap arrangement from Calvin.

BTW, I pronounce it "stAAAtor"

One Note,I always do any tensioning before I apply the coating.

But you shouldn't have any issues as long as you don't have to do any major retensioning.

I haven't had any problems using the Licron Crystal formula with this.

I did have a few cracking instances with the original formula Licron mainly around the edges where the flex point is ,so I just merely recoated the the edges a little more.

jer :)

Actually I got that idea from seeing a photo of one of Calvin's panels; wherein, it looked like he trimmed the diaphragm an 8th inch or beyond the stator edge and then wrapped it over and secured it on the opposite side with tape. So, we can say that I got the idea for my edge-wrap arrangement from Calvin.

Hello CharlieM,

Wrapping the edges with kapton tape for insulating the stators from each other is a good idea.
But, your technique of sanding down all the sharp edges on the stators is an even better idea.

Attached is a pic from an early Sander's Eros panel showing what happens when sharp edges aren't properly removed. Two layers of 5mil kapton tape didn't help.

Attachments

• Eros_02.jpg
    Eros_02.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 241
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.