Jamicon capacitors? Anyone has had experience using this cap?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I replaced many faulty ones, especially in SMPS. Using just one that is OK is not usable in statistics. It's like this people writing a review about their new TV they bought (without comparing to other sets) and write that it is a very good reliable TV the first hour they have it ;)

Which series Jamicon caps did you use ?

Last edited:
For Ecler probably Jamicon is a little cheaper than Panasonic, for me the Panasonics are cheaper.
The best thing about the Jamicon might be that chinese are more likely to produce counterfeit Panasonics, Nichicons, Chemicons and Rubycons, than counterfeit Jamicons. For people buying from aliexpress/ebay/china instead of official distributors the Jamicon might be the best choice.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
In short: replace any average/bad/unknown/shady quality electrolytic cap in cheap devices by A branded caps of known good quality from reputable sellers and one almost can't go wrong. The right cap for the right purpose though.

As replacing faulty caps has become standard practice (to my dismay) I also found LED lighting to have the same electrolytic cap troubles as audio devices. My approach is not to wait till they fail but replace them before they do. Saves one from cleaning PCBs, repairing PCB tracks and desoldering defective semis (often semis that can not be bought in small numbers).

Just replaced caps in 10W power LED drivers that bulged at first switching on !

Last edited:
some time ago ordered some of that small jamicon caps to test and use them in non critical stuff , most of them ended up as lm3886 mute caps and did not have one fault in few years.

through years bought few different kinds of capacitors from ebay , from tantalum to electrolytic, all was original parts and good quality,measured fine.
although parts i order from ebay are nothing cheaper than from big distributor company.

i think ebay is not as bad as it was before . i got fake lt1083 but i paid same price for 10pcs as 1 piece in store so it was expected and cant blame ebay for that.

i dont need free parts thank you, i bought that fake lt1083 intentionaly for fun and experimenting, becouse why not? they maybe good. they werent though only 2 was working out of 10,8 was behaving like vadj wasnt connected internaly,those 2 are regulating lm3875 stereo amp for few years and wasnt noisy.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
As you don't know what's inside them or what they really are you might have used parts that have different max. voltage or current ratings. As most were defective why use known fake parts that may prematurely fail at all ? Because you like to replace burnt woofers ? I thought this hobby is to make nice quality equipment...

IMHO using 2 out of 10 faulty (known to be fake) parts is like driving 140 at the wrong side of the road with eyes closed and be surprised if something goes wrong :)

Last edited:
some people do drugs and rnr, some drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes some drive very fast ,some mix that all. i used fake parts in amplifier i used 24/7.

now seriously, why is wrong to use part that i tortured beforehand and found where its limits are and use that part below before measured limits ? to me it looks same as if i bought lower specd original part.

I agree, some times shady parts do find use in your home.
Some regulator failing is also unlikely to blow woofers.
Also you can have DC protection.
I also bought 5pcs 1083 that looked gray and had short legs, but after doing a load test I found them to be fully functional.

Usually I nowadays just buy parts from official sources, I try not to work with cheap projects, and thus also afford high quality parts, but this is because lack of time. If I had little to do I could build tens of low cost projects for fun and learning purposes.

A loooot of people want to buy a surround receiver with HDMI, SPDIF, USB, 9.1ch, flashing LEDs, 100Wpc, color display, remote with 100 buttons and a million modes and functions that have nothing to do with HiFi...for 399€.
How would this be possible without 5cnt chinese crap caps?

It might be possible for maybe 499€ to sell a unit with decent caps. (not great ones though) But the average consumer is greedy and manufacturer is probably even more greedy et.c. et.c.
Yea, we better build our own audio gear, and if not, then at least recap factory made units before they blow :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Warm memories...G-Luxon, Taicon, Fuhjyyu , OST .... ALL failing without exceptions regardless of series !! When the majority was replaced it turned out that Nichicon made an error in the production process which lead to the replacement caps failing too....

Where would we be without them ?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
No. Samxon is not OK. Samcon may be. i don't know Samcon but, from what I read, they seem identical to Sacon/Evercon/GSC/Elcon which are all suspect. When the "bad cap" scandal started they seemed to enjoy endless renaming of brands. Old info really.

Dead Samxon GFs - Badcaps Forums

http://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/switching-power-supply-voltage-drops-under-load.271797/

Summary in japanese:

http://capacitor.web.fc2.com

Anyway for a few Euro all suspect caps can be replaced for known good ones. Less loss of time, longer life of equipment, lower ripple, no sudden disappointment etc. It is what you are after.... i don't trust any switcher that can not be opened for inspection. In the bin with those. Those that can be opened and have suspect caps (high chance) will receive an "update". Repaired many LCD screens that seem to have the cheapest and worst quality of cheap chinese caps.

Last edited:
So replace Samxon GF, like you would replace Panasonic NHG or FC if you found them on your motherboard.

In the Ecler preamp that was used for 6 years, troublefree, in permanent installation, Jamicon TK only in smps showed very high impedance/esr and up to 70% capacitance loss. For comparison, I suspect, Ecler also put one Rubycon ZL on the smps board, no signs of aging for that Rubycon. The preamp might have stopped working if it wasn't routinely replaced after 6 years. The Jamicon TK around opamps and inputs outputs in the Ecler did deteriorate a little, but not like they had done in the smps section.

ps. samxon is being sold by badcaps.net, no GF series
http://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=master_list

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.