• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

IXTH20N50D Depletion Mode Mosfet Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks

I have quite a few of these transistors (IXTH20N50) that were purchased for another project. This weekend I will have the exact count and will post here.

Since I have no immediate use for them, I would be willing to sell them for a lower cost than what Digi-Key is charging and without the quantity restriction.
I will only keep a few for myself so I can try this amp.

Shipping will be at cost via USPS.

Regards,

LS

Since i'm always into parts right after the groupbuy ended i'm very intrested in some of yours.

I already purchased some 300Watt light bulbs some long long time ago

Digikey shows early April for IXTH20N50 availability?

late this month for the 6N50D2...

Where are you guys getting transformers with greater than 60V secondaries?

i used to custom order from Victoria Magnetics, but it looks like they do not have
a web presence anymore.

I have 2 transformers that would fit the bill. The old signal 88-8 from my old A-40
can be tapped at 66v @8A or the transformer from a Dynaco ST 400 has a 130v center taped secondary. Now for a 70v supply a 220 to 110v transformer could
be wired as a step down transformer for 55VAC which should give about 70V dc
after the bridge and crc filter. Just be sure it's a transformer and not an autoformer.

Where are you guys getting transformers with greater than 60V secondaries?

A comment like "train your ear" together with Fig 12 of the De-Lite article suggest that this train is leaving the station. I am getting on-board.

Antek - AN-15468
Antek - AN-6468

Those are dual 68 VAC secondaries at 800VA or 1500VA with a 12 VAC and an 18 VAC winding thrown in. A 75 VAC (Fig. 10 of De-Lite article) toroid is available from Antec but the rectified voltage will push a 100 VDC cap. No? I have not had much luck sourcing capacitores at 25,000uf or greater at 100VDC or greater. In fact, I gave up and bought 4 22,000uf at 100VDC.

Hopefully a 160-180 VDC voltage swing is applicable when the De-Lite evolves toward a dual-polarity supply. In the meantime, the 1500VA toroid could support a dual mono of Fig. 10 at approx 80-90 VDC. A belt and suspenders for the future.

Does anyone have a schematic that illustrates using a second 50D2 as the current source?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'd be in if anyone can lay hands on some IXTH6N50D2

I dont mind trying another group buy for all these units again. Looks like about 100 of each is a good goal to get some preferred pricing. Let me me know if people are showing interest already in gettign some different chips. I will also throw some SemiSouth R100 devices into the mix, so people can get some of those to play with. It will give me something to do with all of those bubble mailers.:p

It seems I can no longer read component codes...

Folks

I have quite a few of these transistors (IXTH20N50) that were purchased for another project. This weekend I will have the exact count and will post here.

Since I have no immediate use for them, I would be willing to sell them for a lower cost than what Digi-Key is charging and without the quantity restriction.
I will only keep a few for myself so I can try this amp.

Shipping will be at cost via USPS.

Regards,

LS

Sorry, I thought I had about 100 IXTH50N20 units, but what I have are the IXTQ50N20 transistors.

My bad... :headbash:

Status
Not open for further replies.