I've lost my little buddy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gizmo was my constant companion at home, and when I went out. Except when I had to go away on trips, then Victoria took care of both of our Yorkies.

He had a bed at the top of the stairs where he would lay until I came home from work. As I came up the stairs he would get out of bed, stretch and wait for me to rub his neck, before he would go outside.

Most of the time he would follow me around the house watching what I was doing. If he had to go outside he would put one paw on me and give me a percuilar look that I knew meant "let me out".

He will be deeply missed.

I misread the dates. So sorry that it's so recent, but as you can see on my post, I feel for you. It stinks. Yorkies are a special breed (everyone thinks their breeds are special) as they are so smart. it's the way they were bred in Yorkshire, UK. They truly are cat/dogs. And cute to boot in so many ways. Again, condolences.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Sorry to hear of your loss,

Time does heal, however its no consolation.
I have had a few dogs "read friends" over the years and its never easy to lose one.
Each one is soul on its own and can never be replaced..Gods speed Gizmo to another life.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Thanks all.

I took Gizmo to be cremated this morning. I will build a suitable wooden enclosure for him.

I've had several dogs over the years, but Yorkies seem different. They crave human companionship. Any time he was with me, he wanted me touching him, petting him or rubbing his neck. Even when riding in the car or truck, he would lay against me.

I will post some pictures later on when I get a hosting site up again. I lost my last picture hosting account due to inactivity.

Homer, by inference, spoke of the affection of dogs for their masters: Argos.

There lay the hound Argos, full of vermin; yet even now, when he marked Odysseus standing near, he wagged his tail and dropped both his ears, but nearer to his master he had no longer strength to move.

The memory is still very painful, his name was also Greek, Milo, and yes he wagged his tail for me when we rushed back from a trip even though he was on an IV and we had to OK the euthanasia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.