I've gone over to the dark side!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
There are plans afoot to add a side firing 12" woofer to give that extra octave of bass
While you're at it, why not make it a woofer that can play low midrange and use it to combat 'floor bounce'...what is now being called a 'helper woofer'

I haven't completely abandoned FR speakers.
Even Planet10 advocates the FAST system. I like it too.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I think it stands for Fullrange and Sub something or other. Regardless, I see it as a two way where the crossover is between 100-500Hz. My choice would be somewhere between the schroeder frequency and the floor bounce frequency FWIW.

I think it stands for Fullrange and Sub something or other. Regardless, I see it as a two way where the crossover is between 100-500Hz. My choice would be somewhere between the schroeder frequency and the floor bounce frequency FWIW.

Ah. Then I am a FAST man. I have a pair of Jordan Jx92s's in sealed boxes, toed in, and crossed over to a 10" Peerless XLS passive radiator sub at 80 Hz. My dark side secret is a graphic equalizer. It really, really helps, not only with bass EQ and floor bounce, but also "shout." Of course the thing is only optimized for listening on the sofa, but it is sweeeet.

The audio underground has been able to intercept and decrypt a recent broadcast from a leading dark side citizen:

"Achtung meine kleine breitbanders! Vee haf ze vays uf makink you do ze bass, even if you are kleine und unobtruziv! Vee know it hurts you but vee yust don't care."

Note: the outrageously hammed up German accent is just for comic effect. Apologies to all German DIY-ers on the "light side".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.