Isobaric - less then $20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Neo, Last Question.

Where do I put the cheese?

Almost done....will go to work tomorrow.

Not getting nervours are we?

Attachments

• P1040664.JPG
    P1040664.JPG
    479.3 KB · Views: 461
No problem, this post is fine:D

1-40Hz dual driver TH at full output with these drivers is roughly what you get out of a SS15 with a few watts. Why not build the jbell bass sticks with the 55-2421 for a small rig?

By Small I meant like House Karaoke Parties of 50 ppl or so, for anything 50-100ppl I am building a Line Array.... :) For fun... :)

I also have some karaoke machines that I am building so I wanted some options on a good subwoofer box that was about 12x24x18 (HWD)

Good that you bought them, before they run out.

I would just build two of the boxes shown, you'll have more flexibility, E.g. stack them together, or set them in different parts of the room. I like the 9"width.

I'll use 1/2", found a sheet of Medex, one grade above MDF.

That is also an option and Yes that is exactly why I jumped on them, at that price they wont last long.

Failure to launch

Oh boy, not even close, just a bonking noise. Something is terrible wrong with the TH box.

There is some bass, but the hollow sound is 10X as loud. Maybe best if the moderator removes the plans.

For the folks that bought the woofer, don't be alarmed, its fine. The test box with the 10" PR sounds like any sub that would hear in a HT, music room, etc.

Sorry Neo, obviously I was hoping it would work.

I was getting skeptical if this was going to work when building it, even when giving it shout in the speaker port, it echoed like the Swiss Alps.

The walls are narrow, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I don't have a clue what is wrong.

I'll give it another try, but there is no way.

120watts per speaker - same as before.

Since you actually built what looks like a tapped tapered transmission line with the drivers mounted inside the mouth, perhaps some stuffing would be in order??

It's a real shame too, I was hoping this would be a viable small sub that wouldn't take up much room.

good luck with the tweaking.

John

I moved the speaker around a bit, set crossover to 60HZ. Using one channel from a 120watt amp, series connection. The bass is pouring out, it is very pleasant.

The speakers are 4ohm each, 8ohm in series, when it was connected 4ohm per, it was just too much; apparently. Apologies to TH fans.

Okay one channel left…I think I know what to do; build another one.

But back to the Iso box first, now I'm getting nervous. I have some catching up to do :-/

Maybe the 8ohm conection is helping in another way???

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.