• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ISO-TANGO to quit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not consider those Italian xfrms on the same Tango-Tamura league.

Best Italian custom transformers were from Megahertz (megahertzaudio.it) using the best materials around (such as Hi-B M0 0.1 mm cores for OT's and permalloy for signal transformers) and rather complicated gemometries to achive best possible performance. They were designed, tested and used by Ciro Marzio I think. Also they made custom designs. These are in the same league for sure! Some SE designs might actually be better....
I don't know if they are still available.

Yesterday I talked Mr. Iwasaki of ISO-TANGO and ask him:
a) What are the reasons behind for shutting down the business?
b) When ISO-TANGO will be closed?
c) Anyone taking over the TANGO?

He answered:
a) ISO-TANGO is being operated with 4~5 people and that all became aged and often sick, in addition to inevitable market shrinkage of DIY Audio.
b) The remaining backlog will be dissolved within the next January.
Then the firm will be closed completely.
c) He hinted some transformer maker is interested to buy TANGO`s production drawings and may be the trademark. But he is concerned about the possibility of produce the same quality of OPTs without of continuance of craftsman`s technical skill.

Taking this opportunity Mr. Iwasaki wished to express his gratitude to who enjoyed using TANGO products so far.

I feel that everything will be settled in a few months.

Hiro, Thank you for updating us. Very sad news concerning TANGO.

But, I am surprised to hear that the DIY Audio market is shrinking. Looking at all the projects under discussion in our forum, I might expect to hear that the DIY Market is bigger than in 1990s - does anyone know more?

Hiro, Thank you for updating us. Very sad news concerning TANGO.

But, I am surprised to hear that the DIY Audio market is shrinking. Looking at all the projects under discussion in our forum, I might expect to hear that the DIY Market is bigger than in 1990s - does anyone know more?

Rod-San,

I mean DIY audio market in Japan is shrinking in particular in high-class transformers.
The numbers of OPT makers in Japan are increasing: Tamura, Hashimoto, Noguchi, Kasuga-musen, Someya-denshi, Toei-Henseiki, Softon, Ichikawa and so on.
Overseas OPT makers who have sales agency in Japan are Lundahl, Hamond, Raphaelite, Plitron and may be more. So competition is very keen in this market.

In the mean time the market trend in Japan heading price oriented, and recently Tamura lunched new product series (cheaper version):
OPT: F-912~F-915: 17,500 Yen, Power transformer: PC-932~PC940: 15,225Yen and Choke: A-825 11,200Yen.

So, I partly agreed with Tomas and actual situation in Japan is not so bad for us.

Dear Hiro-san

You have a good chance if you placed order before June 17th, as ISO-Tango stopped receving older by June 17th.

You were right! I received the remainder of my order today! I now have some stock which enables me to build amplifiers with Tango transformers for a few more years.

Do you have any news if there will be a successor company which will carry on the brand? It would be great if they manage to continue.

Best regards

Thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.