is tuning at 25Hz too high?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D hey... if u need help with the design i can help u. i specialize in car audio subwoofer applications. send me the air space needed for the woofer n the tuning... i'll design it with a "slot port" L design! i don't thing it's different tuning a home audio set up. lol. n e ways keep me posted!

mikee12345 said:
on my music-drum n bass and hiphop
50hz is common
40hz occasionally
36hz and below rare occasions,usually for short durations

so low tunings are only useful for HT

my jbl was tuned to 33hz,it covers music quite nicely with an overdamped response too.

You could extend the port outside of the box too,but the end correction factor will be different :cool:

Hey Mikee,

I listen to a fair bit of electronic stuff that drops to 20's a lot - give Squarepusher - Go! Plastic, Aphex Twin - Drukqs, or Venetian Snares - Chocolate Wheelchair a listen.

I run my mains via a behringer deq/dcx so can watch an rta of the signal as it's played.

FWIW I use 2 x 10" per side for my mains, and these are eq'd flat to 20Hz (sealed) Enough for music, just about enough for home theater (If you watch at reference - and run the mains large of course)

Cheers

Rob

Subwoofer

Honestly I'd say 25hz tuning isnt going to give a huge difference to 22hz. Like said before most music is above 40-50hz. A few tracks go down to 30 or so hertz and maybe some bass test trax go lower. The only things that go below 20hz really are pipe organs, cannons, and digital synths. test sine waves of course also go as low. I'd say 25hz is good for just about anything. If you got the money, get a PR and forget the port. go as low as you wish;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.