IS THIS TRUE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello John,

I just reviewed the thread and realized I have no reference for what the intended application here is. If I missed it I am sorry but I honestly have no clue if we are talking about a car interior, or a theatre, or a highly portable open space PA style system.

Eric

Hi Eric
it will be part of a rediculously large 2ch setup that will also be part of a HT.I will make the subs active crossed at 50hz.
john

Giant woofers ring a bell?

?

------------------------------------

Hi John,

4x IST 15.2.2 @3200W in 3ft^3 sealed per driver, (6ft^3 per side) w/50hz low pass active filter (yellow plot). Box size tuned to cross Pe and Xmax at ~20hz.

vs

2x IST 15.2.2 @1600W in ~8.5ft^3 BR boxes (1 box per driver), [5ft^3 chamber + ~3.5ft^3 port volume per box] w/50hz low pass active filter (green plot) This design is not excursion limited at full power until ~17hz.

vs

2x IST 15.2.2 @1600W in 11ft^3 6th order bandpass boxes (1 per driver), [5ft^3 rear chamber, 1.5ft^3 front chamber, ~4.5ft^3 worth of vent space per box] (purple plot) This design is actually not excursion limited at full power until 16hz.

---------

Honestly, all of these possible systems are probably going to be more than loud enough. I just can't help but point out, the advantages of modern enclosure design. I've modeled up the above BR and BP box sizes with enough port size allocated to keep port noise to expectedly inaudible levels at full power. Half the drivers, half the power, better bottom end extension.

The last attached screen-shot compares the same reflex and bandpass boxes configurations from above, the sealed box sizes have been increased to 5ft^3 per driver (10ft^3 per side), input power has been lined up to match the vented box input power. (1600W total).

Eric

Attachments

• Selection_006.png
    Selection_006.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Selection_007.png
    Selection_007.png
    30 KB · Views: 70
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.