Is there any Future for high-end PASSIVE multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mark100, yes, the use of FIR filters is remarkable in what you can achieve phase-wise. The FIR filter is basically one convolution for all frequency bands, and this can be separated per driver, which will still be in sync due to the clock cycles used to do one set of filtering. And, as you say, delays are very accurately programmable. It's also an incredibly simple thing to implement in code. I implemented mine on a Microchip dsPIC33FJ16 chip, and that could do 52 coefficients, and effectively EQ the entire audio range.

I should do more of this. It's great fun! :D

"...They block the power amplifier from taking maximum control over the voice coil motion. They are a waste of time, if accuracy of reproduction is the goal." SL - October 2009

That's a very interesting point. I'm going to think about this more, because on the one hand I disagree, but on the other, the quote may have merit...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.