is there any any good Mp3-Player??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just looked up behringer u control too low signal level. but then why do all my other devices give >1.6 vrms, the mp103usb, the piano, the focus scarlett...., i dont think i am wanting some strange signal level. also, you just need several volts rms if you want to utilize the dcx2492s dynamic room at least to some extent.. 2 vrms is pretty average level.... signals can be much hotter...

2 vrms is pretty average level....

What do you base your statement on? For consumer devices it is not the case at all. You need PA equipment. Please learn a bit first before complaining.

i dont think i am wanting some strange signal level. also, you just need several volts rms if you want to utilize the dcx2492s dynamic room at least to some extent..

I see where you are heading. Quick search on google reveals it is generally known that this PA device is not compatible with consumer-level devices. You own it and did not know?

Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 - Page 2 - CarAudioForum.com

Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Ultra High Precision Digital 24 Bit/96 kHz Loudspeaker Management System: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

PROBLEMS
1. Analogue Signal Levels
For optimum quality, you should be using all available bits (24-bit resolution for the DCX2496). This means that you should adjust the analogue input such that it's running just under peak.

The DCX2496's problem - at least for domestic use - is that to achieve this, you need a source that will drive to +22dBu, balanced (~10V RMS/27V peak-to-peak). This is *far* more than most consumer audio components are capable of (generally unbalanced line level - 0dBu for consumer; +4dBu for 'pro' line level), meaning that effective resolution will drop to much less than 24 bits. Inputs are trimmable, but the available +15dB will not be enough to compensate for line-level signals.

The outputs are similar (0dBFS is +22dBu, balanced, ie a very hot signal). You'll need to drop this if your amplifiers are line level, or you'll have to be running the DCX2496 outputs so low that you'll be drowned in noise floor. Owners of power amps without input attenuation beware!

It took me a few seconds to google out.

update. lexicon alpha works with both mint17 and centos 7 instantly by plug and play. i prefer the even faster centos gnome over the mate, but both re good compared to kde etc...
next is to find a cheap netbook. found out that the most cheap is the hp chromebook 11 but it is ARM not intel so might have issues. unfortunately there are no cheap ready to use gnome preconfigured netbooks avail. most is redmond os which i don t like. or chrome os which is nonsense for my application....
meanwhile there is progress in reverse engi eeri g the event 4000 schematic. i ll post the full speakers schematic once i finish.... then i ll start to simulate 2nd order xover, get rid at least partly of the wasty 100w resistors etc.... much work to do....

Did you perform your tests on a netbook with similar GPU? Gnome is not particulary suitable for low-power netbooks with often poorly supported GPUs.

Installing custom distribution on ARM is not suitable for you at all. ARM gurus have hard time making things work at least decently, you have no chance of success.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.