Is it worth to use piezo tweeters for an ultra sound cleaner?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw the insides of an industrial ultrasound cleaner several years ago; it could have been a cheaper model, but you may get some ideas.
The transducers looked like cheap piezo sounders with the brass base plate, about 30mm dia. there were six, maybe eight, epoxied to the bottom of the stainless steel bath. The transducers were driven from the secondary of a ferrite cored transformer, through a series ferrite cored inductor. The primary windings were driven by a push - pull pair of power transistors. The frequency could be changed, probably to tune it, and was about 45kHz. There were issues with the transistors overheating, but I can't remember much more than that.

From my research, this is the only article I could find about building a custom ultrasonic cleaner:

De I Why: DIY Ultrasonic Cleaner

This author uses a audio amplifier to power the transducers. I don't know if that is optimal since an audio amp isn't made to run at those frequencies for prolonged periods. Can anyone confirm that this works?

siliconchip has a kit for making your own cleaner but shipping to the US is pricey:

Silicon Chip Online - Build A Large Ultrasonic Cleaner

From my research, this is the only article I could find about building a custom ultrasonic cleaner:

De I Why: DIY Ultrasonic Cleaner

This author uses a audio amplifier to power the transducers. I don't know if that is optimal since an audio amp isn't made to run at those frequencies for prolonged periods. Can anyone confirm that this works?

siliconchip has a kit for making your own cleaner but shipping to the US is pricey:

Silicon Chip Online - Build A Large Ultrasonic Cleaner

An audio amplifier can perfectly run wide range of frequency up to 100KHz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.