Is anyone building an ESL?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well folks, it looks like all of my old stat panels will be put to use again... as soon as I find the time and materials to make boxes and get them shipped off.

* [tentatively] Narkotic to get the welding rod panels and attached components for the switch selectable wide & narrow dispersion modes.

* Another member of this forum PM'd me last night for one of the two pairs of perf metal panels (he can make himself known if he wants to).

* And a fellow Carver Audio Forum member has requested the last remaining pair of perf metal panels (I'll likely be arm twisted to build frames/woofer boxes).

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Got it. I'm not good at picking a panel, I've heard both flat and curved types and like them both.

Any idea on shipping costs to 92844?

The package includes the 12x 48 welding rod panels with the segmentation resistor networks and mode switch boxes attached-- all packed and ready to ship. It's an oversized package and I had to build a box.

The package is 7" x 19" x 53", weighs 24 pounds, UPS shipping to your zip code is $49.33 plus the $10 bucks it cost me to build the box = $59.33.

Let me know if you still want the panels.

The package includes the 12x 48 welding rod panels with the segmentation resistor networks and mode switch boxes attached-- all packed and ready to ship. It's an oversized package and I had to build a box.

The package is 7" x 19" x 53", weighs 24 pounds, UPS shipping to your zip code is $49.33 plus the $10 bucks it cost me to build the box = $59.33.

Let me know if you still want the panels.

For sure. PM me your paypal address and we'll go from there.

Jazzman Mk Vs

Hi Charlie;
The Jazzman Mk Vs I built in 2012 are still going strong so I've not been in the building business for a while. I checked out the segmented panels/welding rod project but went back to work part-time and haven't had time to do anything. Maybe when I re-retire?
Not sure I mentioned this before, but I am still using the Xformers and circuitry I got from David Lucas before he folded up his tent. The circuit includes a HV source and a circuit equalizer that was a mysterious black box until a DIY poster recognized that it was patented in 1984. Might consider upgrading to your latest Xformer recommendations sometime..anyway, they sound great when backed up with my bass/subwoofer system and electronic Xover (set between 400-600 hz.) Just fabulous sound thanks to you!

Hi Charlie;
The Jazzman Mk Vs I built in 2012 are still going strong so I've not been in the building business for a while. I checked out the segmented panels/welding rod project but went back to work part-time and haven't had time to do anything. Maybe when I re-retire?
Not sure I mentioned this before, but I am still using the Xformers and circuitry I got from David Lucas before he folded up his tent. The circuit includes a HV source and a circuit equalizer that was a mysterious black box until a DIY poster recognized that it was patented in 1984. Might consider upgrading to your latest Xformer recommendations sometime..anyway, they sound great when backed up with my bass/subwoofer system and electronic Xover (set between 400-600 hz.) Just fabulous sound thanks to you!

Hi good to hear from you again and also good to hear your panels are still playing well. I think you would like the sound of segmented panels-- more difficult to build but definitely worth it.

Hi good to hear from you again and also good to hear your panels are still playing well. I think you would like the sound of segmented panels-- more difficult to build but definitely worth it.

I've had nice performance from floor to 6 feet tall line source ESL's, 244 sq in.
I made wired stators 4 inches wide, more dispersion than wide panels. I found this a nice compromise to electrical segmentation. I mounted them in 24 inch baffles and crossed over around 150 hertz 4 th order to stereo sub's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.