• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

IREF, the secret of the TDA1545A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I never find that datasheet for TDA1545A is very clear. There are a lot of interrogations about the interesting IREF pin. You can find on this forum many threads speaking about.

For the Jundac Five, I test various configurations for IREF, starting with the standard one recommended by Philips. Each configuration for IREF changes sound rendering. This pin is very sensitive and affect: tonal balance, subjective definition, stability of music, precision, bass depth...

The standard configuration recommended by Philips gives a very rounded sound without much details; very pleasant but not very realist! The solution that I develop for the Jundac Five pushes the audio quality far away.

For the final kit, I develop a reference tension in discrete technology. The IREF pin is driven by low impedance reference tension (VREF). For VREF, the quality of each component is crucial. Low noise transistors and high quality capacitors like polypropylene film are used to drive this crucial pin. Using electrolytic capacitor degrade sound rendering by masking details and reducing subjective definition.

jundac5-04.gif

With this original driving, the TDA1545A reaches unknown dimensions with very large and strong bass, good definition and fine treble. It changes from all other realizations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.