IR2110 question (help me)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sandro-

Your one HB supply looks like it uses an old Samlex 1223 case. I like all of your SMPSs you have shown here. I use a Samlex 1223 for my IC706MKII-G, too. No noise, but I did a nice mod to it: I replaced the timing resistor (usually 15-18K) with one that is 85-90% the original value in series with a 5K pot. This lets me adjust the switching frequency +/- 10%, allowing me to "move" any noise off the frequency I'm on.

'73,

Steve, N8XO

Great N-Channel

Very, Very, thank you my friend, I like your projects too, GREAT!!

I know the Samlex, very good, there is a same unit "by Kenwood" isn't?
Unfortunably I don't have (still) a IC706MKIIG, only has IC2200H, scanners, CB radios...
About the 5K pot, the bipolar transistors don't stay warm when DOWN the frequency switching?
Some HAM guys make a Samlex mod with some ceramic caps and ferrite toroids in the output to kill the noise, I don't know if this good way.

Bye

Sandro

Chacalpowers, could you share some info from your project?

Output rectifiers? I'm usind 4xMBR2045 just like you but one of them burnet and burned FETS and IR2110.

I'd like to know how did you used the rectifiers?

Just bought some MUR1560 15A 600V to make some tests.
Maybe 45V is to low.

Do you protected ir2110 from burning every time fets burns??
The IR is EXPENSIVE!

Hi chacalpowers,

Is this toroids good for smps?

Attachments

• IMG0226A.jpg
    IMG0226A.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 130
Very, Very, thank you my friend, I like your projects too, GREAT!!

I know the Samlex, very good, there is a same unit "by Kenwood" isn't?
Unfortunably I don't have (still) a IC706MKIIG, only has IC2200H, scanners, CB radios...
About the 5K pot, the bipolar transistors don't stay warm when DOWN the frequency switching?
Some HAM guys make a Samlex mod with some ceramic caps and ferrite toroids in the output to kill the noise, I don't know if this good way.

Bye

Sandro

I see this thread is VERY old! Chacal, I used a potentiometer in series with R(t) - the new timing resistor (not the 300Ω load resistor). The original R(t) was 15kΩ. I dropped it to 13.6kΩ (12.1kΩ in series with 1.50kΩ) and added a 3kΩ pot to it. New R(t) varies from 13.kΩ to 16.6kΩ, giving me a switching frequency shift of +/- 10%. Not enough to affect the main switching transistors. The critical component here would be the main switching transformer, but it gets only slightly warmer.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.