Ion Obelisk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ION Obelisk 1 Phono input stage schematic

Hello, I'm the lucky owner of an Obelisk 1 amp, yesterday, due a problem with some connector, I've opened it and I discovered that it has an all discrete phono stage (infact I noted that the phono stage sounded pretty good...). Since I want to change some caps in way to improve it, I ask if someone outside here have the schem... many thanks
Al

Here we have a nice little passive/active mm-stage - when modifying keep an eye/ear on the capacitors C3 and C5, not only on the signal coupling devices.

Attachments

• ion_obelisk1_pre.jpg
    ion_obelisk1_pre.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 1,091
  • ion_obelisk1_power.jpg
    ion_obelisk1_power.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 1,017
Does anybody out of this thread here know the schematics of the new Heed - Obelisk Mono Block Heed Obelisk PM). Would be intersting to see what changed over the years from Nytech to ION to Heed .....

From pictures we saw on the WWW and a schematic in a Britsh DIY-Hifi-Book it looks like a Mosfet-Amplifier Stage. But this is only an assumption ....

I paired the Heed Si and X2 to some monitor Audio BX2's on stands interesting clean sound
got some black Rhodium Jazz cables I made up running into both units,the 80 Watts is a bit much for the BX2's 75% into the volume but very little distortion noticed clipping here and there from the BX2's but mostly fine.

My main problem is with the onboard Dac Card drawing lots of juice anyone know why I'm loosing like a 3rd of my volume nothing to do with cables same no matter what is used ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.