Intrest Check : Pretty Simple Digital Preamp / Volume Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dr.EM said:
Nice, like the new layout. Certainly compact!

Can the audio in/out connectors be the 2.54mm molex ones or is the pin spacing different? Mute and encoder look like them but the audio ones look more spaced?

The audio in and out are currently pads, but i can quite easily make them molex if you wish. I hate crimping those little things!

Forgot to mention, i have removed the ISP header.

Why?

Becuase most people who allready have experience with AVR's will allready have a way to program the chip.

It helps keep the board tidy.

People who do not have a AVR programming solution, i will offer pre programmed ATtiny's for just the cost of the chip.

I cant see any way that someone would actually need the ISP header, becuase of what i have allready described. The firmware is so simple i cant see it ever needing an update.

I personally would prefer the little molex connectors, although the crimping is tedious indeed. Never like wires directly soldered, can break off too easily.

I would be one that requires a pre-programmed chip. Never understood programming i'm afraid :eek:

Is the block of four connectors in a square near the PGA the daisy chain link?

Dr.EM said:
I personally would prefer the little molex connectors, although the crimping is tedious indeed. Never like wires directly soldered, can break off too easily.

I would be one that requires a pre-programmed chip. Never understood programming i'm afraid :eek:

Is the block of four connectors in a square near the PGA the daisy chain link?

Hi,

I have added the option for pad or molex on the inputs, but to have molex on the outputs aswell would be a silly idea for that amount of connections, it would be easier to put the board at the rear of the enclosure.

The block of connections near the PGA, is infact the option to use push buttons instead of a rotary encoder, and the option to cap the gain of the PGA to 0 (you want to do this, due to the external op-amps). These options are set via jumper.

I have not yet figured out how i am going to do the stacking solution, the chances are that i will put a molex connection on the edge of the board, due to the 5v regulator taking up vertical space.

I have decided i will only provide the serial connection for the second board, so you will actually need to connect the power in parallel to the first board via the power terminals, this will not cause any kind of problem.

Rhys

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

With molex serial connections, and also with molex input connections.

Edit, just had a thought, i can use a standard jumper instead of the molex, and if the jumper wont reach resistor leads can easily be used.

Edit - now has a jumper for stacking board, try and find somthing with extra long pins, or use wire / resistor leads etc.

Dr.EM said:
I would like 4 boards with AVRs and ideally if your still doing it the PGA chips too (were going to place a large order on digi?). Boards will be about �26 for 4 by the looks of it? Then 4 x �1.60 AVR's, �32.40 so far?

Dr. Em,

All payments must be sent in USD unfortunatly, as the pound is not really accepted anywhere in terms of buying PCB's and parts.

Boards are $10

The AVRS are $2.40

Mr Anonymous has kindly offered me a full set, of ICS to populate this board minus the AVR, for $20, i will contact him and ask if would offer multiple sets.

This a lot cheaper then buying the IC's from a major supplyer.

Rhys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.