Intrest Check: 120w @ 8ohm Tube Buffered LM3875 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
billyk said:
How much of a beginner?
I have not built much but can solder well and know about electrical safety.
I look forward to building this and like the idea of a tube buffered chip amp.

Aslong as you know about electrical safety, and you think you will not put yourself and other in danger then you are good to go. There is no hard soldering to be done at all, the only external work that needs to be done, is wiring up the transformers and then the audio jacks and speaker terminals.

If you test each step, and not do everything at once you will be OK. Eg: testing the power supply alone before you add the tube.

Brewboy said:
Do I just order the PCB from your s11 site ?

It would be easier for you to do this, yes.

Brewboy said:
Is the BOM still good for this build? Should I start to acquire the parts or should I let the " tweeking" happen first?

Where should I look for genuine parts? I don't want to get stuck with phony crap.

You should be fine with that BOM. The only section that may need altering is the resistor for the 555 timer.

The bom includes digikey part numbers, i would use digikey.

Hi Rhys

On the BOM you left out recommendations for the transformers. I would be more than happy to learn of any sources to acquire these components. It appears that purchasing these from Digikey would cost about $200, but then again I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at. Apex jr. is very confusing but has very low prices. Any other sources that I should explore?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.