internal/external cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep... just call your local "emporiums" or surplus shops... this stuff is often referred to "aircraft wire".

Teflon wire's real claim to fame is that it will wear a hole in something... rather than a hole worn in it... when things are vibrating. It is also impervious chemically to just about anything... why the military likes it so much.

:)

cable issues

grahamfocal said:
Going to the Bristol show in a few weeks, might take some cheap cable with me, and ask the nordost guy demoing the £3000 a metre silly cable to try these against it, lets see what he says, probably baffle me with sales waffle and get out of the test.

Be sure not to do blind testing, you won't be able to check out the cleavage on the sales rep at the show (or wherever):D .:devilr:

Then again, you could set up a completely wireless system, and the problem would not exist...

John L.

It's true you don't have to spend loads of money to get a good sound, from this Seller

And my mistake it was 16 gauge, using it on a fully active system on the tweeter and it's fantastically detailed and sweet. All I did to make it into speaker cable was buy a run of black and white wire then twist them together. By fixing one end of to an heavy object and then twist them together using a hand drill.

Re: cable issues

auplater said:
Be sure not to do blind testing, you won't be able to check out the cleavage on the sales rep at the show (or wherever):D .:devilr:

Great advice. Also, be absolutely sure that playback levels are not matched. As a matter of fact, insist on the expensive cable being played back at a slightly higher level. The salesman should be more than accomodating here. This will ensure a valid, truly subjective experience. Remember, it's more important to "trust your ears", not science. Enjoy ;).

cheers,

AJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.